Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C Dee View Post
    LioxWolf,

Some of the stuff you learned in health class may be outdated. Not all calories are processed in the body the same way. That said, decrease your carbs, especially white carbs. Increase fats like avocado, coconut, almond butter and olive oil. Eat whatever meat you can get ahold of. Don't worry too much right now about omega 6 versis omega 3. Any fat your body is carrying right now is a mix of the two and will be burned off as you use it.

If you go out with your friends to a pizza party, slurp off the toppings and leave the crust behind. (That's the good stuff anyway) Eat salad. Get your burger wrapped in lettuce. Order 2 burgers and leave the bun in the wrapper. Get a taco salad and leave the shell. Avoid soda and drink water. (Even the diet ones make you crave sugar.)

When your body switches from a carb burning machine to a fat burning machine (takes 3 weeks minimum) you will discover that a late meal is no big deal. You might even skip one and not notice. If you are carrying any extra fat, your fat burner will tap into it and keep right on going.

Just start on the general low carb, medium protein, high good fat to start with. Move your body. Keep studying, learning and, when you are able to tweek your foods, do so. But there are many here who have been very sucessfull making the best choices they can from Wal-Mart.
    Do i eat the meal like the other guy said?
    22hr/day thingy

also in that hour when you are going to eat, are you going to eat all the calories you needed?
    like 1500 calories in that meal

Comment

I was going to read the three articles that pk wrote
      but it just felt long, and complicated to read....
      lol
      I need it more simple

Comment

I'm confuse with everyone here.....
        telling me to just eat every 22 hours
        others telling me to eat three meals
        which one should i do?

Should I eat breakfast,lunch,dinner or just dinner?

Should I eat below 50 carbs

Comment

People are telling you what works for them.
          I personally can't do below 50g carbs.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well done on getting rid of the soda drinks from your diet. That is a great step in cleaning up your diet.

This gives me the idea that maybe rather than trying to find the perfect diet and suddenly adopt it completely, it could be more useful to start from where you are and gradually make choices that are better. For example you could ditch the flavour sachets next, they are not doing you any favours. Gradually as you replace some of the non-foods with more wholesome choices it will become a lifestyle for you.

Also I think you haven't really told us what you do actually eat, apart from milk and chicken. So, in a typical day, what do you have for breakfast? How many other times do you eat and what do you have?

Do you exercise? The eating is maybe 80% of the way to health, but exercise and other factors come into play also.
            Annie Ups the Ante
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Originally posted by LioxWolf View Post
              I'm confuse with everyone here.....
              telling me to just eat every 22 hours
              others telling me to eat three meals
              which one should i do?

Should I eat breakfast,lunch,dinner or just dinner?

Should I eat below 50 carbs
              I've said it before and I'll say it again, get and read the Primal Blueprint and start there. Then after you have gained that information you can then start thinking about other things like fasting.

Comment

I am not a book guy, I don't know where to get the book from. I can't get it online, no credit card, parents won't lend me their credit card.

Also what I usually eat is sometimes
                Morning: One Apple, 4 packets with mix nuts, milk (sometimes with whey protein)/instead of milk i sometimes drink silk almond milk, sometimes eggs
                Snack:Cheese stick
                School Lunch: I sometimes eat school food, only when they serve chicken wings, chicken strips.
                What i bring for lunch sometimes is a another apple, grill chicken, broccoli, and those flat cactus.
                Snack:Some packet mix nuts
                dinner:steak/chicken, mushrooms, cook carrots for softer, sweet potatoes, sometimes eggs, i also eat what my mom makes sometimes with chicken and a sauce with mushrooms(really taste good), or stir fry chicken, my mom also sometime makes chicken cover with bacon and inside with carrots or sweet potatoes(because i tell her i want sweet potatoes instead of normal potatoes)

This is just a list of what i normally eat, i still have more stuff

Sorry that I didn't reply, I was busy and took a trip to the forest, than next day pool party.

Comment

SoBe lifewater 0 Calories | Fooducate

can i still drink this?
                  I don't drink it like every day, just two times each week
                  I am also not the water drink type of guy...which I cant support to drink water for every day...

Comment

SoBe lifewater 0 Calories | Fooducate

can i still drink this?
                    I don't drink it like every day, just two times each week
                    I am also not the water drink type of guy...which I cant support to drink water for every day...
                    Hey! I think I asked you: how old are you ? Sorry if I missed this info.
                    About water: water should be your staple drink. I can't think of anything else more suitable to quench thirst.
                    I grew up drinking water only at every meal, and it always sounds odd to me when someone says what you just said about drinking water ... I don't mean to be harsh but I don't understand how someone can't stand drinking water only. You don't have to drink gallons of it though since most your hydration comes from foods (provided you eat real whole foods that contain water) but a glass of water accompanying the meal is 100% "bearable"

Comment

I am 17

When i eat certain foods, it makes me somehow thirsty.
                      And milk is the only drink that comes to my mind.

Also is it weird how when I was drinking soda few months ago, I could literally and clearly taste the high fructose corn syrup.
                      And I had been acting weird with sugar lately, like when I ever think or smell of sugar, it makes me king ugghhh like feel disgusted about sugar.

Comment

If you can't hack plain water what about flavoured water?

Add some mint leaves, or a slice of lemon, or orange, strawberry (need to be soaked over night for flavor), Apple & cinnamon, herbal teas can be made ahead and chilled in the fridge.

Or, if you have to, start with 1/2 cup of juice & 1/2 cup of water and over time reduce the juice till there is only water left.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Comment

I can handle to drink few glasses of water, but some times i crave something else to drink when i eat certain foods

Comment

I can handle to drink few glasses of water, but some times i crave something else to drink when i eat certain foods
                            Like what ? I like to drink black coffee when I eat something like manchego or aged gouda

Comment

I am not a book guy, I don't know where to get the book from. I can't get it online, no credit card, parents won't lend me their credit card.

Also what I usually eat is sometimes
                              Morning: One Apple, 4 packets with mix nuts, milk (sometimes with whey protein)/instead of milk i sometimes drink silk almond milk, sometimes eggs
                              Snack:Cheese stick
                              School Lunch: I sometimes eat school food, only when they serve chicken wings, chicken strips.
                              What i bring for lunch sometimes is a another apple, grill chicken, broccoli, and those flat cactus.
                              Snack:Some packet mix nuts
                              dinner:steak/chicken, mushrooms, cook carrots for softer, sweet potatoes, sometimes eggs, i also eat what my mom makes sometimes with chicken and a sauce with mushrooms(really taste good), or stir fry chicken, my mom also sometime makes chicken cover with bacon and inside with carrots or sweet potatoes(because i tell her i want sweet potatoes instead of normal potatoes)

This is just a list of what i normally eat, i still have more stuff

Sorry that I didn't reply, I was busy and took a trip to the forest, than next day pool party.
                              Hi LioxWolf and welcome back from the forest I hope you had a great time, I love getting out in the wilderness, every week if I can.

As for your food, I think the quality of food sounds way better than what most teenagers eat - fruit, nuts, milk, eggs, cheese, chicken and veges. These are all wholesome and will promote good health. Your mother cooks you a good evening meal, you are lucky

If you do still need to lose some body fat then you may need to adjust the proportions - more of some things and less of others - e.g. more vegetables and not so many nuts. Bigger meals so that you don't need to snack on "other stuff". Just to give you some ideas.

The other thing that may help you at this stage is getting some regular exercise going.

How tall and what do you weigh? Do you play sport?
                              Last edited by Annieh; 06-18-2014, 04:34 AM.
                              Annie Ups the Ante
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

I am 5'7 or 5'8
                                around 198 pounds
                                when I was in school, i at least walk/run total of 1hour from monday to friday
                                on weekends i may sometimes go to the mall (walk for 2hours)

Yea I had been thinking of changing my meal somewhat....
                                But sometimes more food can't fit in my food case, which I put inside my backpack.
                                I can't carry lunch boxes or lunch packs as my hands are busy carrying my books.

I was thinking as what the primal blueprint article said...to only eat 2-3meals, but are big meals.
                                Can I just eat two meals, one at morning and one at dinner?

Comment

Working...
                                X