Have few questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LioxWolf View Post
    What will I do in a situation which all my friends are eating Junk Food and offer me?
    I feel bad when I say no, and feel sad when I say no and see all of them eating the junk food, I feel left out.
    Nobody is going to hold a gun to your head and make you eat the food. Nobody is going to hold a gun to your head and make you reject the food. You've got to decide what you want to eat, and stick with it.

Why should you feel bad for saying no to junk?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
      Nobody is going to hold a gun to your head and make you eat the food. Nobody is going to hold a gun to your head and make you reject the food. You've got to decide what you want to eat, and stick with it.

Why should you feel bad for saying no to junk?
      Yes.

You could say something like "I have more respect for my body than that". Or at least just think it to yourself as you turn it down.
      Annie Ups the Ante
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Chicken is the meat that I prefer to eat.

Also can I still drink milk a couple of times?
        Milk is the best drink that I will never say no to.
        Milks good if you don't have any issues with it (lactose intolerance, dairy intolerance, etc) but from a weight loss point of view maybe keep it to a minimum or switch to low fat.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Comment

Chicken is the meat that I prefer to eat.
          As I've said, it's up to you to decide if it's important to your situation. Someone with chronic inflammation may see it as important. I personally like chicken but also have beef, pork, lamb & kangaroo in my diet.

I also blend liver into ground meat, 3oz of (chicken) liver to 1lb of ground beef. Can't taste it.

I'd like to try heart. Haven't gotten round to it yet

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Comment

It's a lot of info to take in...
            From all the knowledge I have acquired, and than taking out that knowledge and replacing it with what you all are saying.
            Thanks for your time and helping me understand.

Comment

Just another random question

Does Calorie Deficit really works?
              Is there a calorie deficit in eating primal blueprint?

Comment

Just another random question

Does Calorie Deficit really works?
                Is there a calorie deficit in eating primal blueprint?
                PB is usually without calorie counting. So for some people, this will lead to underfeeding, while for other people, this will lead to overfeeding. YMMV

Comment

But does Calorie Deficit really works?

Can you eat anything and have a calorie deficit and lose weight?

Comment

Can you eat anything and have a calorie deficit and lose weight?
                    Sure. Eat a lot of high quality proteins, round them up with a little fat and some starches in one meal only. Go 22h / day without eating. You'll see ... that's basically what I am doing. I eat enough for maintaining though but for weight loss, just eat a bit less. And of course, move your butt during the fasted state.

Comment

What you mean by 22/ day

Comment

22h/ day means to not eat for 22 hours. So let's say you went to bed at 10pm on day 1, then you would get up, go through your day without eating at all, then have a meal at 8pm on day 2. It's called intermittent fasting and it does work, but I'd suggest cleaning up your diet and trying to expand your pallet before trying it.

Seriously, get and read the Primal Blueprint. That's your starting point, after that you can start worrying about calorie deficits, intermittent fasting and other such weight loss plans. Take small steps towards better health and it won't seem so intimidating.

Also, don't worry about asking questions, that's the only way you'll learn more and get smarter.

Comment

Woah, why not eat for 22hours?
                          Ill be starving

Comment

Woah, why not eat for 22hours?
                            Ill be starving
                            Not me

See articles from a poster called pklopp (look him up in the member list).

Comment

LioxWolf,

Some of the stuff you learned in health class may be outdated. Not all calories are processed in the body the same way. That said, decrease your carbs, especially white carbs. Increase fats like avocado, coconut, almond butter and olive oil. Eat whatever meat you can get ahold of. Don't worry too much right now about omega 6 versis omega 3. Any fat your body is carrying right now is a mix of the two and will be burned off as you use it.

If you go out with your friends to a pizza party, slurp off the toppings and leave the crust behind. (That's the good stuff anyway) Eat salad. Get your burger wrapped in lettuce. Order 2 burgers and leave the bun in the wrapper. Get a taco salad and leave the shell. Avoid soda and drink water. (Even the diet ones make you crave sugar.)

When your body switches from a carb burning machine to a fat burning machine (takes 3 weeks minimum) you will discover that a late meal is no big deal. You might even skip one and not notice. If you are carrying any extra fat, your fat burner will tap into it and keep right on going.

Just start on the general low carb, medium protein, high good fat to start with. Move your body. Keep studying, learning and, when you are able to tweek your foods, do so. But there are many here who have been very sucessfull making the best choices they can from Wal-Mart.

Comment

I haven't been drinking soda lately, I think for almost 3 months now...
                                Only drinks I have been drinking is water,milk,and sometimes flavor packets with low sugar for my water.

So i need to eat big meals...
                                Cool
                                And by big meals, meals that will fill me up completely?

Comment

Working...
                                X