No Wonder We're Screwed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Wonder We're Screwed

Is this a real thing? A triple-chinned dietician telling people which candy to choose? Saw this pic without any context; maybe someone can find it online for the back story.

Sent via lightsaber

She is a registered dietitian, and yes, she's a landwhale. It's legit, I checked.

From the dietitian: Use healthy, convenient foods from freezer aisle | Altoona Herald | desmoinesregister.com

Comment

"fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life..."

Comment

This is just evidence of the new normal

Comment

Dang. How big would she be if she weren't a nutrition expert?

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

As my old man used to say; only in US of America! – Yeah, the best AND the worst of modern times has its origin there…
            "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

I missed the may 28th diabetes support group at that store.

https://www.hy-vee.com/stores/calend...48&event=64885

Comment

My medical insurer has an intrusive--and heavily branded--nutrition program.

This week's featured picks include granola bars, battered fish sticks, strawberry milk, frozen pasta meals, canola oil, some honey flake cereal, and that peanut butter and jelly mixed in the same jar.
                37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

YaY! Health at every size!! Unless you happen to be thin. Then you must have some kind of problem

Comment

At least she picked dark chocolate. It's a favorite around here, too.
                    Janeen

Comment

I did notice that "her pick" is dark chocolate, so I have no room to belly-ache over this. Almost every high-effort meal of mine includes both a quarter glass of dry red wine (palate cutter) and a desert of 85% cocoa homemade chocolate with mint ground into it. (This is an amazing recipe that I should really post somewhere too, btw)

So yeah, I have no real bitching to do here. If people can pickup a bar like mine over a Twix it is probably for the best.
                      "The soul that does not attempt flight; does not notice its chains."

Comment

Originally posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
                        85% cocoa homemade chocolate with mint ground into it. (This is an amazing recipe that I should really post somewhere too, btw)
                        Please do. I have a mint plant that is getting out of control :-)

Comment

Perhaps it is 40% cocoa "dark" chocolate, bulked up with partially homogenised soy oil?

Comment

This is slightly disparaging. Then again, this isn't the first fat "dietician" we've seen before.

M.

Comment

Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
                              Please do. I have a mint plant that is getting out of control :-)
                              Ditto, mine's huuuge!
                              If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Working...
                              X