No announcement yet.

What Wine are You Drinking?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Sunday, we had a Priorat wine from Spain, 2005 vintage. They can be expensive, but I've found a few for around $25. All of the ones I've had have been worth the price.

Comment

Norton from Mount Pleasant Winery in Augusta, Missouri.

Comment

001.JPG

Last night - One of my favorite producers Vincent Girardin

Comment

Champipple - Sanford & Son - YouTube

Comment

My Dad loves Red Foxx and he sounds more and more like him every day That was a great bit.

Last night:

002.JPG

Comment

Vella Sangria with frozen organic blueberries... Yum!

Sent from my XT1080 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Homemade spiced mead (honey wine). Aged only 9 months... not bad but needs a little more time
                Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

Last night - 2010 Martin Ranch Syrah - Lester Family Vineyard.

Comment

I have been buying from the local wineries out here in Colorado, they give pretty good deals and the wine is local and supporting local business. Good luck! I don't know where you live but maybe you can find some good stuff in your area.

Comment

2000 Copain Syrah Eaglepoint Ranch last night.

Comment

Does red wine make anyone else's nose runny/stuffy and sneeze?

Because of this, I have developed an aversion to red wine. I have yet to find a red that hasn't had this effect on my sinuses.

White wine? I love the stuff. I am not too picky, so Two (and a Half) Buck Chuck from TJ's is fine by me.
                        Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
                        Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
                        Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
                        F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

Originally posted by kathleen View Post
                          Does red wine make anyone else's nose runny/stuffy and sneeze?

.... I am not too picky, so Two (and a Half) Buck Chuck from TJ's is fine by me.
                          Buy better wine. You're having an allergic reaction to bees in the must at fermentation. This is a huge problem with cheap wine that's made on an industrial scale. White wine goes through a different process and is sealed in a stainless steel container quickly after picking and processing. Red wine sits out in open containers and bees gather in the 1000's in big facilities. Generally the cut off for real small lot hand made wine (where prevention measures and SOP prevent bees in the must) is @ $25 in the US and $40 for imported wine.

If you can't get over the cheap thing look for wine from cooler areas like, Oregon, France or Northern Italy where harvest temperatures are usually below 70 degrees and bees are not active.

Comment

I like sprouts version of the two buck, we don't have a trader joes were I live. Im not picky, I like booze too much for that haha. Here in Canada though there is no such thing as cheap wine so I've been taste testing. I really like one called Beso de Vino, a trempranillo from Spain and the local BC vineyards have some good stuff too.
                            "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

Comment

Busy weekend. Picture is blurry. The 1979 was weird and bretty, but the 08 Burgundy was really good.

011.JPG

Sunday was 2012 Lambert Bridge Zinfandel, 2000 Pegau CdP and 2000 Ridge Monte Bello.

Comment

2007 Fattoria Viticcio I Greppi Greppicaia Bolgheri Superiore, Tuscany, Italy
                                2004 Copain Syrah Eaglepoint Ranch Mendocino County

Both on Sunday with friends.

Comment

Working...
                                X