X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When it's warm out, Mad Dog 20/20.
    When it's cooler, spiced Mad Dog 20/20.

Comment

I completely gave up beer and other alcohols made from grains, and only drink wine now. Basically it's just fermented grapes, seems the most paleo of the alcohols. But picking a wine with the millions of options available is too complex for me, usually I just ask the person in the store to recommend a good wine made from organic grapes.

Comment

In all honesty, I haven't had store bought wine in years.
        We have some great vinyards in my area, and I buy all of my wines there.
        After getting used to wine produced in local vinyards, store bought wines can't compare.
        I like dry reds, and semi-dry whites.

Comment

Pinot Noir is my favorite, I prefer California's Russian River Valley wines.

Comment

Josef Chromy Pinot Noir 2012 - Josef Chromy Wines

This is my fav I think. Not my usual tho, its a bit pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by counterpuncher View Post
              In all honesty, I haven't had store bought wine in years.
              We have some great vinyards in my area, and I buy all of my wines there.
              After getting used to wine produced in local vinyards, store bought wines can't compare.
              I like dry reds, and semi-dry whites.

Don't know where you're located in NJ, but check out Paradox Vineyard in Landnberg, PA. Their table red wine is great, and sold in 1 gallon returnable paint cans.

Comment

For dinners I usually pick a red wine, I love the heavy darkly tasting stuff but I prefer it to be sweet. A chardonnay is very good.
                For enjoyment during weekends and hot summer's evenings I drink Mead... I have one that is called Dragenglut, it's similar to a very sweet red wine and I love the one with apple and cinnamon.
                My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CE402 View Post
                  Don't know where you're located in NJ, but check out Paradox Vineyard in Landnberg, PA. Their table red wine is great, and sold in 1 gallon returnable paint cans.
                  Thanks for the tip.
                  I'm in central Jersey.
                  People don't really associate Jersey with vinyards, but there's many here. (close to 40, believe it or not).
                  These days I limit my wine drinking to holidays and the occasional weekend.
                  Too much of anything isn't good, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul R View Post
                    This one is near to my heart.

Last night 2003 Cooper Garrod, R.V.'s Fine Claret, Santa Cruz Mountains
                    So...is this thread being impacted by Mark's "no alcohol" stance??

Comment

not for me, that was one of the original attractions of Mark's plan is there is individual choice. For instance he recommends chocolate as a treat, but chocolate makes me sick in minutes. I wouldn't scrap the whole thing because chocolate makes me sick and Mark recommends it.

I didn't come close to remembering all the wine from this weekend but I took a few pictures. At our pig roast Sunday there were roughly 20 bottles opened. Last night we had a 2010 Kistler Pinot Noir, 2005 Ridge Monte Bello and 2003 Lafaurie-Peyraguey

003.JPG
                      004.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by Paul R View Post
                        Last night a glass of Le Pítit Paysan Mourvedre Rose from my friend Ian Brand and we split a bottle of Syrah-Mourvedre-Viognier from South Africa that I think was Wolfs-something. Should have taken a picture.
                        Wolfstrap, I think is the one you're referring to.

Robertson Winery has a similar blend that is quite good as well. There are quite a few good value South African wines out there these days.

Alamos Malbac is one of my new go-to's, especially on a warm day with a nice thick steak off the grill.

Comment

Originally posted by CE402 View Post
                          Wolfstrap, I think is the one you're referring to.
                          Thanks it was Wolfstrap!

Comment

Makgeolli

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Grassfed4me View Post
                              Makgeolli
                              Ack, what's wrong with you!!! LOL

Comment

001.JPG

2007 Jean Luc Colombo, La Louvee, Cornas.

It was great.

Comment

Working...
                                X