Human meat anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryanmercer View Post
    A barbaric tradition based 'spiritual' beliefs that are scientifically, beyond any shadow of a doubt, invalid. I suppose we should rape and pillage neighbors and sacrifice humans too still... I mean, after all it's tradition.
    Yes, because all traditions are based on violence and oppression. Good job.
    Depression Lies

Comment

I would totally consume encapsulated placenta (my own) and I may do this someday if I can afford the service (have someone encapsulate for me). But as a meal, to so speak? Probably not. I can't even bring myself to try chicken liver.
      Depression Lies

Comment

Attention whoring.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliot View Post
          Do you eat eggs?

How are these questions relevant?

Arbitrary label. What determines which practices are backwards and which are forwards?

Another arbitrary label.

What about the purpose you just described in the previous sentence?

You use the word "barbaric" again. What is your definition of this word and why is it bad to be "barbaric" under your definition?

Appeal to authority

What happens to the destroyed protein? Does it just vanish from existence? Why would cooking placenta be any different from cooking meat?

You're throwing around arbitrary labels. What's disgusting is subjective. Does eating placenta cause any measurably bad effects or is it just associated with the negative labels you've assigned it? If I don't think eating placenta is disgusting, barbaric, or mentally ill, how would I suffer from eating it?
          Clearly you would eat placenta. Would you eat a stillborn fetus? No? Why not, same shit. Oh wait, because it's wrong? Because it's savage? Because it's macabre? Aha, so is eating placenta. It's mental illness trying to be justified by 'tradition'. Rape is tradition (spoils of war) for many past cultures, human sacrifice was acceptable and encouraged by many past cultures, killing your enemy and eating them was acceptable by many past cultures, child brides and raping said children is STILL accepted by many cultures (including religious groups in the United States) as justified tradition... doesn't mean ANY of it is civilized or even remotely acceptable. Neither is eating people.

Most mammals, the MOTHER eats the placenta shortly after it's been expelled, there are nutritious and health benefits to this. Humans don't eat the raw placenta in the hospital bed, they COOK it on down the line and prepare it into a meal. There is no medical reason for mothers to eat the placenta, especially anyone else, in the 21st century. You can not justify it.

As far as do I eat eggs? Yes, I eat chicken eggs, I don't eat a lining that just came out of my body or my partner's body. Again, do you eat your scabs/fingernails/hair? If you had your tonsils removed would you eat them? No, you probably don't and probably wouldn't because there is absolutely no valid reason to.
          Last edited by ryanmercer; 05-09-2014, 06:51 AM.
          -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

Originally posted by wugang View Post
            Bogers on the other hand are a secretion which is a completely different story. In conversation with drunken people and friends i have found out that it's very common that people secretly eat some of these things but condemn them in public. Of course that is not a representative study. As Mark describes in his post, eating bogers could be beneficial for children.
            Mark's post actually linked to a joke article. I don't know if he meant it seriously, but his source was actually a joke.
            Depression Lies

Comment

Clearly you would eat placenta. Would you eat a stillborn fetus? No? Why not, same shit.
              I think you missed the point in evolution where a placenta is not a person.
              Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                I think you missed the point in evolution where a placenta is not a person.
                I think you missed the point in evolution where we developed agriculture and animal husbandry and don't need to eat our own body parts.

Comment

I think you missed the point in evolution where we developed agriculture and animal husbandry and don't need to eat our own body parts.
                  We also don't need internet, and yet we use it. It's beneficial, so why not?
                  Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                    We also don't need internet, and yet we use it. It's beneficial, so why not?
                    Cooking and consuming human placenta is not beneficial. It's a pathetic attempt to justify consuming human flesh.

Comment

Cooking and consuming human placenta is not beneficial. It's a pathetic attempt to justify consuming human flesh.
                      It's not about being mentally ill and having to satisfy an urge or curiosity to eat human flesh.

Comment

It's not about being mentally ill and having to satisfy an urge or curiosity to eat human flesh.
                        It's an abomination.

Comment

It's an abomination.
                          As long as ou are not being force fed human placenta or someone takes away your loved ones placenta to eat it, you should be able to live with the thought that everyone has the right to chose for them selves wheter it is beneficial for them or not. No life is harmed.

Comment

No life is harmed.
                            No, just society.

Comment

Human meat anyone?

No, just society.
                              I think eating placenta even if you can consider it a problem for society, is one that would be way down on the list maybe next to the dramatic disappearing of pay phones on our streets.
                              Last edited by wugang; 05-09-2014, 08:03 AM.

Comment

I think eating a placenta is one of the most disgusting things I can think of doing.

That said, I don't see anything actually wrong with it like Ryan is trying to point out. I don't see the moral/emotional/societal problem with it, it just sounds utterly nasty to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X