X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
    yyyyouuuuuu....

..are welcome
    Yay! There's nobody I'd rather be welcomed by.

(We so need a smiley with little hearts floating next to it.)

But honestly... I was thinking I should take my first REAL crack at a Grizz-style thread. I did my "Primal Guide to Tea" almost a year ago I think, but that wasn't really Grizzy in anyway.

I've become a HUGE fan of yerba mate recently, so I was thinking maybe a thread for extolling it's virtues and how it literally DOES cure everything (if I'm lyin', I'm dyin'). Ok, that settles it! I'm off to go collect some epic research papers and articles!

Time to locate the "yerba" doc!
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

• Oh I will totally jump on the Yerba curing all. Consider yourself one loyal caffeinated follower down.

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
        Oh I will totally jump on the Yerba curing all. Consider yourself one loyal caffeinated follower down.
        Do you actually drink that stuff already, or will you just be starting once my "amazing" research comes to light?
        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

• Drumroll, if you want easy "research," you could do a thread on the magic of ACV. According to the internet, it cures everything from heartburn to cancer.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
            Drumroll, if you want easy "research," you could do a thread on the magic of ACV. According to the internet, it cures everything from heartburn to cancer.
            Ah, but yerba mate does also!

And I like taking more "controversial" substances and changing the popular opinion about them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
              Yay! There's nobody I'd rather be welcomed by.

(We so need a smiley with little hearts floating next to it.)

But honestly... I was thinking I should take my first REAL crack at a Grizz-style thread. I did my "Primal Guide to Tea" almost a year ago I think, but that wasn't really Grizzy in anyway.

I've become a HUGE fan of yerba mate recently, so I was thinking maybe a thread for extolling it's virtues and how it literally DOES cure everything (if I'm lyin', I'm dyin'). Ok, that settles it! I'm off to go collect some epic research papers and articles!

Time to locate the "yerba" doc!
              d'aww i'm ready for your megathread! i already have a question for you

how long should i swish with yerba mate before i spit it on my hands to rub on my scalp and neck to get the full therapeutic benefits?
              beautiful
              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                d'aww i'm ready for your megathread! i already have a question for you

how long should i swish with yerba mate before i spit it on my hands to rub on my scalp and neck to get the full therapeutic benefits?
                Depends.

Did you cold-steep it a-la tereré or hot-steep it a-la chimarrão/cimarrón?

Comment

• This Forum Has Changed A Lot

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                  Do you actually drink that stuff already, or will you just be starting once my "amazing" research comes to light?
                  I'm not hard core into it, but I love tea and mate is my favorite type. But I like spicy/flavored teas too, because I'm a blasphemer.

Comment

because I'm a blasphemer.
                    I knew there was a reason I liked you....

Comment

• I was looking for the rant forum but found this. My neighbor was bitching about his blood sugar being 212 and saying it was because he had four doughnuts before his checkup. I could eat 2 dozen and not have a blood sugar that high! His A1C was 6.8! I tried to explain he needs to cut out the sugar but he still insisted it was on the doughnuts.... I was barking at a cloud. I did it in a nice way but damn he his so much older than me and I don't understand how you can live this long with so much aversion to facts.
                      6'1" 30 y/o male
                      June 2013 - 310+lbs
                      April 2014 - 230lbs
                      "The great and powerful Trixie doesn't trust wheels"!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                        Ah, but yerba mate does also!

And I like taking more "controversial" substances and changing the popular opinion about them.
                        Recently a 17-year-old kid here informed us that cigarettes have their benefits. So sorry, it's been done. Although, he did forget to state what those benefits actually are, so maybe your thread will be better.

I find it odd people like yerba mate so much. Maybe it's like Chai now, not really yerba mate, like chai isn't chai at all anymore? I had it when it first came here in the 90s and it was like green tea. Very plain, bitter, and you couldn't really doctor it up with anything to make it taste good.
                        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                          Recently a 17-year-old kid here informed us that cigarettes have their benefits. So sorry, it's been done. Although, he did forget to state what those benefits actually are, so maybe your thread will be better.
                          The only benefit I've ever seen attributed to cigarettes (other than the really old days when they claimed it cures coughs and sore throats) is "makes it easier to meet beautiful strangers."

Of course, it's not really that hard to meet beautiful strangers. It's hard not to say something exceedingly stupid in front of them
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                            They made $28.2 million in 2011. Who cares about dignity
                            and last year miley cyrus twerked her way to $70+ million. please, let's not go down that rabbit hole.

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                            The only benefit I've ever seen attributed to cigarettes (other than the really old days when they claimed it cures coughs and sore throats) is "makes it easier to meet beautiful strangers."

Of course, it's not really that hard to meet beautiful strangers. It's hard not to say something exceedingly stupid in front of them
                            "beautiful strangers" that smell and taste like an ashtray that hasn't been cleaned since the 70s. a friend of mine recently started dating a smoker. even though he doesn't have cigs in her house or car, SHE smells like stale smoke all the time now. yuk.
                            As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• "beautiful strangers" that smell and taste like an ashtray that hasn't been cleaned since the 70s. a friend of mine recently started dating a smoker. even though he doesn't have cigs in her house or car, SHE smells like stale smoke all the time now. yuk.[/QUOTE]

The smell is the worst

Comment

I'm not hard core into it, but I love tea and mate is my favorite type.
                                We have much to discuss.

Seriously though, if you ever get out my way I'll get you high on mate (it can happen at the right dosages). Also, I find the experience of drinking mate to be vastly different from that of tea. Enough that I have a hard time actually considering mate and tea to even both be "teas." I've started using the term "tea" to ONLY refer to the beverage made from the Camellia Sinensis plant.

Comment

Working...
                                X