• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
    we've had fat, carbs, iodine, hot potatoes, cold potatoes

what could come after all that?
    Apparently raw potatoes.

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
    you're a so dumb ad hominem liar of lying lies, drumroll, and i bet you WANT everyone to crash their thyroids
    No, I know about iodine quite a bit so if people ARE going to use I want them to know how to SAFELY-oh.

I see what you did thar.

Love ya too babe.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

• I think what happened was a lot of us have just been around since then and our dietary needs have changed. I was watching a podcast with Joshua Weismann (sp?) where he said he was LC until he hit a wall, added in some catbohydrates, and got back to it. That's basically what happened with me (on a vaguely LC==>moderate scale). There's a bunch of members who've had similar experiences where LC was right for them for a time but mod, cyclical, or even high are best at the moment. There's also some who LC is still working great for, but I think the majority shift around depending on their current needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
        I don't know, I just wanna play some hot potato now. That's a great game!
        it also works with plates out of a microwave, though i think that's called hot frisbee

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
        Apparently raw potatoes.

No, I know about iodine quite a bit so if people ARE going to use I want them to know how to SAFELY-oh.

I see what you did thar.

Love ya too babe.
        yyyyouuuuuu....

..are welcome
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
          I think what happened was a lot of us have just been around since then and our dietary needs have changed. I was watching a podcast with Joshua Weismann (sp?) where he said he was LC until he hit a wall, added in some catbohydrates, and got back to it. That's basically what happened with me (on a vaguely LC==>moderate scale). There's a bunch of members who've had similar experiences where LC was right for them for a time but mod, cyclical, or even high are best at the moment. There's also some who LC is still working great for, but I think the majority shift around depending on their current needs.
          Full circles moment , , ,

how many times has it been that a new post is replied to with "read the book first, then do these hacks , , ,"

and if my memory is working,

didn't Mark write the lc thing was a temporary hack to reset insulin, kick in weight loss,
          but not a change to lc for life,
          and that one would start adding back carbs for maintenance, or more for athletics / strenuous lifestyle.

, , , then there are some here that use vlc to cope with their own medical / physiological needs.

my n=1 added some potato and banana (and those little Hershey bars) back, and I am struggling with some extra pounds.
          that didn't work !
          RS potato up next I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by lark42 View Post
            Where else on the internet will you find so much discussion about poop??
            Pooptalk.net?

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• Originally posted by neilc11 View Post
              my n=1 added some potato and banana (and those little Hershey bars) back, and I am struggling with some extra pounds.
              that didn't work !
              What are those bars ?
              Moreover, if you add some potato and banana to your diet, you have to decrease the fat, if you are struggling with weight gain. You cannot have them both. Note that increasing your carbs will make you retain some water. It may go after a while once you have gotten used to it. I hope you have a physically active lifestyle as well, it helps the metabolism

Comment

• Originally posted by FrenchFry View Post
                What are those bars ?
                Moreover, if you add some potato and banana to your diet, you have to decrease the fat, if you are struggling with weight gain. You cannot have them both. Note that increasing your carbs will make you retain some water. It may go after a while once you have gotten used to it. I hope you have a physically active lifestyle as well, it helps the metabolism
                well I believe those bars are , wait for it, Sssssssuuggaarr.
                hershey milky ways suck.
                (actually Mars milky ways)

I know,
                I've been bad,
                very bad !

funny moment,
                now I'm talkin potatoes to someone named FrenchFry,
                no offence,
                that's potatoe with the fat, and another down fall of mine,

it's been a long winter,
                and I wasn't as active as I should have been.
                that's been corrected now, and I am having some small wins.
                I am on a reset, and trying to behave.
                Last edited by neilc11; 04-13-2014, 06:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by neilc11 View Post
                  Full circles moment , , ,

how many times has it been that a new post is replied to with "read the book first, then do these hacks , , ,"

and if my memory is working,

didn't Mark write the lc thing was a temporary hack to reset insulin, kick in weight loss,
                  but not a change to lc for life,
                  and that one would start adding back carbs for maintenance, or more for athletics / strenuous lifestyle.

, , , then there are some here that use vlc to cope with their own medical / physiological needs.

that didn't work !
                  Exactly. And not every hack is going to work for everyone at every time. You just have to find what your body needs, and paleo/primal is an excellent reset/starting point.

Good luck with the potatoes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                    You sure it hasn't moved to "MOAR RS NAO" at this point?

Frankly, with the number of amazing cures touted by RS devotees, I'm surprised they haven't just started telling everyone to take it for everything.
                    take a gander over at freetheanimal. it's DA KURE FOR ALL THE THINGZ.

Frankly, I've been on the RS for a while and had no negative effects, but I'm still short of some of the amazing effects that have been touted. No amazingly vivid dreams yet, or better sleep as far as I can tell. Slightly better bowel motility I suppose, but that was never an issue for me really to begin with anyway. I can't really say if I've been having better digestion, I perceive as yet, no change there. In fact, I have been uncomfortably retaining water since starting RS which is my only really recent change I've made to explain this.

So for me, it's been a little bit of a mixed bag.
                    i started rs shortly after i began gelatin, shortly after i began kefir (lol, am a terrible experimenter) so am not sure which is causing what. my suspicion is the gelatin and kefir are doing the best work. my sleep has improved, my mood has improved. my hair is growing, but my fingernails are chipping in weird ways, so something there is amiss. however, the weirdest and most unexpected side effect? most of my life i have drank exceptional amounts if water. some days there was not enough water in the world. that is no longer the case. as healthy as i thought my gut was, i think the gelatin has taken it to a whole new level.

But enough about that. My point was this forum is now full of people advocating panaceas and "cure-alls" for everyone based on the fact that it just happened to work for their PERSONAL n=1.

It's less discussion and more "it worked for me and/or science says this, so doing to any other way is automatically wrong gaiz!"

agree the rs peeps here are not insisting this will fix everything, a la grizz and iodine, however, the bangbangbang of MOAR SUGAR MOAR KARBZ is getting tiresome.

100 bananas and 10 gallons of oj a day won't work for everybody. no matter how many posts you can pile up in a day insisting it will.

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                    we've had fat, carbs, iodine, hot potatoes, cold potatoes

what could come after all that?
                    cold spaghetti and mashed banana. apparently.

As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
                      Man those guys have so much dignity.
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• which one do ya think as a child said, "i know! when i grow up i want to be a wiggle!!"

plus, their outfits make me think old-school star trek.
                        Last edited by noodletoy; 04-13-2014, 08:45 AM. Reason: comma obsession
                        As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                          Man those guys have so much dignity.
                          They made $28.2 million in 2011. Who cares about dignity
                          If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                          If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• I'm in the wrong line of work.
                            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                              Seriously? Man, I would sell my dignity for that...
                              Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                                Seriously?! This world is more messed up than I thought. It would be funny if it weren't for the fact that they're making that kind of money off of subjecting kids to that kind of crap.
                                Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Working...
                                X