This Forum Has Changed A Lot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comment withdrawn
    Last edited by neilc11; 04-11-2014, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by neilc11 View Post
      comment withdrawn
      Ok, what'd I miss here?

Now I want to know dammit!
      "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

• i'm new here but looks like no one cares anymore. The people who make up the core of Mark's constituents are probably not on this forum. Lots of dissenters who are here to sway people. True believers are far and few.

That's the trouble with the internet forum format, it gives you the illusion of a majority. This reminds me of Sherdog.com and Sherdog.net. The majority of people who use Sherdog.com are not on Sherdog.net, a mad house that even the owners don't even know what to do with. It serves to draw the traffic to the .com site, that's all.

It's like a bookstore with a coffee house inside it, originally aimed to serve the customers, but eventually, you have people who come to hang around who are not really customers. They come for the wi-fi, for the atmosphere, to look at chics, to socialize, to do home work, to use the free water. They serve the purpose, the bookstore looks more crowded than it should, but that's about it.
        Last edited by dc10; 04-11-2014, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• Ah,
          I quoted something 10 pages back as I was catching up from 2 days back,
          and when I read it here, it made no sense what so ever,
          come to think of it, I could have just left it,
          as this thread has gotten to that stage where it makes no sense at all - to the original OP thought or title.
          kinda like the cling and clang you hear, I hear it too , , ,

when the sugars debate kicked in someone counted the pages it took to reach that point of devolvement.
          I was thinking , Yup, same thing I was thinking.

Ever been anchored next to the bell bouy ?
          cling, clang, cling, clang,
          or if it's dead calm, ssssssuuggaarr.

OK ?

Comment

• It's funny strange,
            every thread I follow winds up with that same sugar war within.

Comment

• Originally posted by neilc11 View Post
              It's funny strange,
              every thread I follow winds up with that same sugar war within.
              step 1: make a dedicated debate thread

step 2: push the dead horse beaters there

that way i'll know what i'm actually gonna read instead of a thread title bait and switch and can check out when the name calling starts
              beautiful
              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                step 1: make a dedicated debate thread

step 2: push the dead horse beaters there

that way i'll know what i'm actually gonna read instead of a thread title bait and switch and can check out when the name calling starts
                but nearly all the threads become MOAR CARBZ now.

am just waiting for the next new big thing.
                As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                  The thousands and perhaps millions that got the book and followed the simple guide to better health probably saw no reason to post on a forum. They got healthy and went on with life is all. The forum is a microcosm of just a few types of people: those with extraordinary circumstances and disease processes, those trying to eek out every last drop of genetic potential (I.e. I'm 12% fat, but I wanna a be 6% shredded...what do I do!), and those who simply like to debate health minutia.
                  I'm here for inspiration, I still got a lot of weight to lose and I like looking for tips, and successes. Plus the debates can be entertaining

Comment

• Originally posted by noodletoy View Post

You sure it hasn't moved to "MOAR RS NAO" at this point?

Frankly, with the number of amazing cures touted by RS devotees, I'm surprised they haven't just started telling everyone to take it for everything.

I actually think good on them for NOT doing that yet though. I will admit that RS seems to have a lot of beneficial effects, but nothing, NOTHING, as powerful as it may be, should be touted as an amazing-cure all and as "right for everyone" no matter how amazing it makes you feel personally.

Frankly, I've been on the RS for a while and had no negative effects, but I'm still short of some of the amazing effects that have been touted. No amazingly vivid dreams yet, or better sleep as far as I can tell. Slightly better bowel motility I suppose, but that was never an issue for me really to begin with anyway. I can't really say if I've been having better digestion, I perceive as yet, no change there. In fact, I have been uncomfortably retaining water since starting RS which is my only really recent change I've made to explain this.

So for me, it's been a little bit of a mixed bag.

But enough about that. My point was this forum is now full of people advocating panaceas and "cure-alls" for everyone based on the fact that it just happened to work for their PERSONAL n=1.

It's less discussion and more "it worked for me and/or science says this, so doing to any other way is automatically wrong gaiz!"

Last edited by Drumroll; 04-12-2014, 11:25 AM.
                    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

• We're omnivores. Single foods or single nutrient bandwagons: iodine/vitamin d/rs/potato diets/bacon I think they're all like booze. Just because you drank a little and felt awesome, it doesn't follow you should drink a bottle a day to recapture the feeling, AND try to convince us all to get wasted, too!

I still read the forums and try stuff (gelatin is fantastic for my nails and skin), but mostly follow a relaxed approach--no grains or beans, not much processed food, etc. Primal reshaped my body (flat stomach but still curvy, yay!) and cleared my skin and gave me more energy and a basic map for health. Not good drama for a forum, but I'm still reading!
                      Also, I'm not the 'fit mom' online who castigates other women for being out of shape after having kids. Ugh. Not my style, at all!

Comment

• I’m a relative newcomer, and mainly lurker, but maybe what’s happened to this forum is a diverse group of individuals who take a very proactive approach to their own health and well-being. Where else on the internet will you find so much discussion about poop??

They have successfully challenged CW and have overcome/are overcoming a SAD, so I think that for some folks challenging the very system that helped them achieve better health is the next logical progression.

Personally, I was good before, but since going primal I’m great. I want MOAR – now that I’ve got smooth elbows I want super-powers too (but not x-ray vision)

To the OP, primal is a natural fit for me, and my personal goal is to become more intuitive with my eating. Any adjustments I make to a primal WOE are still within the spirit the Blueprint ; it’s always my starting point. I read Mark’s blog posts faithfully daily too, and think about what he writes on my own terms ; he stays current and fresh with his ideas too. I don’t post much because primal is kinda routine to me, and I have ‘snowflake syndrome’ – i.e. I’ve never been overweight, my thyroid is healthy and I haven’t damaged my metabolism with a lifetime of dieting, therefore I think it would be horribly rude and presumptuous of me to offer an opinion to others with those issues when I haven’t walked that road. Support, yes of course!

My challenge is the fitness aspect of a primal lifestyle, and again, while I have nothing to contribute I do like to follow the forums.

Lark

Population: 1
                        Last edited by lark42; 04-12-2014, 02:27 PM.
                        "Unfortunately, humans rely less on instincts and more on culture to determine what they eat" - Marcia Pelchat

Comment

• Originally posted by noodletoy View Post

we've had fat, carbs, iodine, hot potatoes, cold potatoes

what could come after all that?

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                          It's less discussion and more "it worked for me and/or science says this, so doing to any other way is automatically wrong gaiz!"

you're a so dumb ad hominem liar of lying lies, drumroll, and i bet you WANT everyone to crash their thyroids
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                          lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                            Frankly, I've been on the RS for a while and had no negative effects, but I'm still short of some of the amazing effects that have been touted.
                            That's because you didn't paint it on your ... . Oh wait, that was something else, wasn't it?
                            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                              we've had fat, carbs, iodine, hot potatoes, cold potatoes
                              I don't know, I just wanna play some hot potato now. That's a great game!
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                                That's because you didn't paint it on your ... . Oh wait, that was something else, wasn't it?
                                Haha. Awesome. How about rs enemas?

Comment

Working...
                                X