Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is going to be controversial, but I want to discuss this.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha Lazarus, isn't your dad like John Wayne or something? You really think that "not letting men near me without discomfort" = way hetero?
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

Now you're in your element.

Comment

Interesting topic. My 2 cents... I've always thought it to be a hormonal imbalance, though I figured because of the things we've been doing to our environment and diet, it was something that happened in the womb, causing a disconnect between brain and body.

I have a number of gay friends. Some of them are thin, some athletic, and a few overweight/obese. Diets vary, so I don't really see any connection between the two.

Comment

Gay men are all emaciated twigs? I suggest you include more of the over-forty set in your sample.

If you really want to delve into possible hormonal influence on sexual orientation, I'd look to the scientific literature not an internet forum. People here are going to give you their anecdotal opinions based on being gay or bisexual themselves or knowing people who are. Or else what they've absorbed from their surrounding culture. It might be interesting but it's not science.

Why not, I'll throw my opinion into the mix. Eat however you feel is best for your body, and let your sexuality be whatever it is.

Comment

Many people here changed their eating plans through the years, I know many like me who tried LC/ZC/fruitarian/raw vegan, vegetarian etc, for me, this did not affect my sexuality totally hetro, lets hear it from others, has your wor affect your sexuality?

Comment

Another thing: if someone is trans* and starts taking hormones, their attractions don't change. So unless the hormonal fluctuation that affects sexuality has to occur in utero, it makes no sense there'd be a correlation after birth. I would think for the OP that they find that their attractions are more apparent when they are healthy/not healthy or something like that, but that it's not strictly caused by hormonal fluctuations.
              Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
              X