Fruit eaters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fruit eaters

As in people that only eat fruit...I kind of want to try it as like an experiment; why is this a bad idea?
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

The poops?

I dunno, give it a shot. But I wouldn't do it more than a few days, frankly.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

Why not give it a whirl and report back?

Comment

Fruit eaters

For a while? Not bad. Increases insulin sensitivity. I do all fruit days a few times a month. I suggest you read up on it on 30bananasaday for tips on doing it right. Also if you are low carb usually you will feel like shit because you aren't used to handling that much carbs (insulin resistance). Eat whole fruits most of the time and eat a LOT (3000+ cals recommended for guys).

For long term? You will not get adequate nutrients because...

Fat soluble vitamins aren't readily absorbed absent adequate fat.

Minerals in plant forms aren't as readily transported into the blood stream as animal form minerals (different oxidation states+ different carrier proteins result in inadequate transport across the membrane as Transporters are conformation specific).

Not all essential nutrients can be found in fruits.

So much fiber blocks efficient absorption of nutrients.
        JOURNAL..
        @BabesWithBBQ.
        Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
        Professional Style Website.
        #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Are you Caucasian?

You aren't going to find much fruit in ice age Europe, which is where we spent the last 50K years.

It is potentially bad because of the lack of adaptation to that dose of sugar long-term.

Comment

Diabetes? Saturated fat deficiency? Malnutrition? Try it if you want, but damn this lamb chop is delicious! Is red wine a fruit?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

I actually found reading Graham's 801010 book very helpful as opposed to, say, 30bad (though I've cruised there, too).

The book really goes over the ideas. Yes, it relies on things that I wouldn't (i.e., china study), but by the same token, there's a lot of other interesting information in there about protein needs and various what nots and wherefores.

Comment

Originally posted by Markbt View Post
                Diabetes? Saturated fat deficiency? Malnutrition? Try it if you want, but damn this lamb chop is delicious! Is red wine a fruit?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                Your body can generate its own saturated fat (or else you would never get body fat). Try again.
                JOURNAL..
                @BabesWithBBQ.
                #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Low HDL, need to EAT saturated fat.

Comment

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                    I actually found reading Graham's 801010 book very helpful as opposed to, say, 30bad (though I've cruised there, too).

The book really goes over the ideas. Yes, it relies on things that I wouldn't (i.e., china study), but by the same token, there's a lot of other interesting information in there about protein needs and various what nots and wherefores.
                    Thanks for this link!! I need to read this.

30bad gives a quick and dirty bulletpoint list which i find helpful for those who just wants to try fruitarianism for a few days.
                    JOURNAL..
                    @BabesWithBBQ.
                    #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

haha mind...blown- is that process an insanely fat-burning one?

What about like, muscle development, is my concern; I was getting to the gym 4 times weekly on the reg for months and months until about october, then I started working, and am only now getting back in on any kind of regular schedule. A lot of my numbers are disappointing, but then other ones exceed anything I did before October, so I don't want to just blow it now.
                      "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post

What about like, muscle development, is my concern; I was getting to the gym 4 times weekly on the reg for months and months until about october, then I started working, and am only now getting back in on any kind of regular schedule. A lot of my numbers are disappointing, but then other ones exceed anything I did before October, so I don't want to just blow it now.
                        Low-protein would actually hinder muscle development.

Do you need 200g of protein to gain muscle? No way, especially not on a high carb diet which is protein-sparing. However, the small amount of protein you get from fruits will mean you will build muscle VERYYYYY slowly.

You can try Peat which is basically fruitarian with slightly more fat and about 100-150g of protein a day. A lot of times my meals look like a fruitarian one except I add some lower fat dairy, gelatin, LEAN red meat, etc. I basically eat fruits + gelatin until dinner time, then I have a cooked paleo meal that is lowish in fat.
                        JOURNAL..
                        @BabesWithBBQ.
                        #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

You know, I can't say about weight training, to be honest.

I mean, on graham's web site, there are people who lift -- there's a fitness competitor (or is she another level? model? something), and there are a couple of guys who lift weights, but what they are shown lifting isn't exactly impressive by weight lifting standards. You know, a guy deadlifting, like, 300 lbs. Which, you know, is a good number, but not exactly what guys who lift a lot are looking to move (i mean, lots of guys have 400-600lb lifting goals on that lift, you know?). But, that's not to say it can't be done, I'm just not seeing it.

Most of the 801010 crowd tend to stick to body-weight stuff. Strangely, many of them seem to follow "primal blueprint" style work-outs or do a distance sport. So, a lot of them are actually doing body-weight exercises as opposed to lifting weights, or doing mov-nat styled stuff, and then sprints and walking (or other fun things). But, the other side of the group are ultra marathoners and folks who run a fair bit of distance. So, yeah. They're looking to stay light, not put on muscle or strength gains per se.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post

I don't want to stop you from eating as much (or as little fruit) as you see fit. If an all-fruit diet is a curiosity, go for it!

But in response to your question, I'll just leave this...

Mango the Raw Vegan has been eating only fruit for over 30 years and says he's the healthiest he's ever been in his life:

http://i26.tinypic.com/nx29ag.jpg
                            http://i53.tinypic.com/2ut5lhy.jpg

Blog here:

Mango the Raw Vegan Fruitarian
                            "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Mango has thigh gap.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

Working...
                              X