(Not) Wearing a Bra

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by earthlymumma View Post
    Breasts are mammary glands designed to feed offspring. Not "sex organs".
    This misconception adds to the difficulty for mothers to feel comfortable and acceptable feeding their young, in public and in general.
    So people don't view breasts in a sexual manner?

Comment

IMO, totally a personal decision. And, totally a genetic thing. My bff in college had the perkiest breasts ever, as did her mother who only had one because of cancer. I love underwire bras for the look. I wear soft sports bras every day because they're comfy, and I'm no longer in the market for a father for my children.

I don't like bouncing around in public. Men are dogs (sorry about the sexism), and I hate being spoken to and having them look at my chest rather than my face. I have no problem with men being dogs - in fact, it's part of their charm.

To each her own. If it's comfortable, and you don't get unwanted attention, then braless is fine. But don't go getting upset if you get unwanted attention. The male of the species is very visual - he responds to overt sexual cues, and your bouncing breasts may be just that.

My apologies if any of this sounds sexist. It's mostly just experience. I very much don't want to change men to fit my idea of "evolved."
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by earthlymumma View Post
        Breasts are mammary glands designed to feed offspring. Not "sex organs".
        This misconception adds to the difficulty for mothers to feel comfortable and acceptable feeding their young, in public and in general.
        They may not be sexual, but they are a defining characteristic for some people who are attracted to women. People attracted to women like the woman parts, whereas people attracted to men like the man parts.

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
        So people don't view breasts in a sexual manner?
        People obviously do, although I'm not sure why. My best guess: Men are wired to want to procreate. They are therefore attracted to 'fertile' looking women (young, child bearing hips, breasts, etc.) Big breasts probably says "she can make good babies! " Voluptuous ass probably says "check out the size of those hips, she could totally pass a baby through there!" Women dye their gray hairs a lot to 'look younger' but maybe it says to the men "she's got child bearing years ahead, hubba hubba!" Just a guess...
        Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
        Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
        Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
        F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

What about lesbian women who view other womens' breasts in a sexual manner?

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
            What about lesbian women who view other womens' breasts in a sexual manner?
            I don't know, ask a lesbian.

I would guess that since lesbians are attracted to other women, they find woman parts attractive. Some women can also become sexually aroused by touching on the nipple area.
            Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

F/23/5'9"

Comment

I'm just throwing this stuff out there based on the assumption that breasts aren't sexual organs, when in fact, they sexually arouse more than half of the population.

Comment

@not on the rug
                I've read that in societies where breasts are typically exposed (such as tribal societies) breasts aren't considered sexual. Also heard they're considered less of a big deal in Europe where naked women sell orange juice on tv commercials. They're just a part of daily life I guess...Anyway, point is that if its not sexual to some societies maybe its not inherently sexual? Not that it will make one bit of a difference to anyone living in the US and their bra or no bra conundrum

@Drumroll
                I think that's a good thing. Really, one of the reasons I cant wait to graduate is so I have time to do stuff like that.
                "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

Comment

^Maybe it's a "forbidden fruit" kind of attraction. You don't see it often, so when you do, it's like "ooooooh yeah, lady parts!" People in other countries might be jaded as they are always out and about.

F/23/5'9"

Comment

(Not) Wearing a Bra

I doubt breasts aren't inherently sexual. They signify a woman had proper sex hormonal expression during puberty and also is a fertility indicator. Hence they play a major role in sexual selection...

Maybe the XXX factor would not be there, but males still look at them, like the waist-to-hip ratio or the feminine symmetrical features of your body/face... Usually not considered forbidden but still "important" in sexual selection.
                    JOURNAL..
                    @BabesWithBBQ.
                    Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
                    Professional Style Website.
                    #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Originally posted by fifer View Post
                      This must be a big part of the deal, that modern outfits (perhaps especially in the US?) are designed to go with bras.

I remember hanging out with people who did historical costumes and the ones who insisted on wearing their modern bras were the ones that looked wrong. The ones with historical undergarments, shifts etc to match the costume always looked fantastic.
                      Very interesting. I once posed for an artist wearing a type of Grecian gown thing and he specified that I must not wear a bra under it because the painting was to be a timeless allegory of dusk and he said that the modern bra shape would date the image.

Comment

How the crap does this thread still not have pictures? Shouldn't people be comparing? For science?

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

Originally posted by fifer View Post
                          When were bras invented?

What did busty ladies do before then?
                          They wore "bras" even way back in ancient Rome. Keeping the girls contain is not a new invention.

Comment

Originally posted by eig View Post
                            Also heard they're considered less of a big deal in Europe where naked women sell orange juice on tv commercials
                            if they weren't titillating (sorry, had to go there) the oj girls would be wearing shirts and there would be no page 3 galz in british tabloids.
                            As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Heehee titillating is now forever my favorite word.
                              JOURNAL..
                              @BabesWithBBQ.
                              Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
                              Professional Style Website.
                              #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

@noodletoy
                                Haha I suppose, it was just a thought.
                                "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

Comment

Working...
                                X