Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop Fit-shaming. Ladies: Being healthy and beautiful is good.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zoebird View Post
    But, eh, I don't care about sports that much.

Careful, with that attitude DavidBrennan will be asking you out in no time.

Comment

• I was already on that thread, and he didn't even notice me! Talk about uncool. . .

Comment

• Originally posted by zoebird View Post
        I was already on that thread, and he didn't even notice me! Talk about uncool. . .
        He probably heard of your shaming of the beardless and got scared off.

Comment

• Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
          I think this topic begs the question: what can we do about it? In another forum (completely unrelated to health or nutrition) that I am on, another topic was being discussed and I raised the question of why don't the insiders stand up to the nonsense? Why don't competent, intelligent, motivated women out the idiots and change the tides of this stuff?
          Why do you think I am in law school? I am also unhappy with current ip regimes and I am changing it. Unfortunately I cannot change all of the policies I hate but I change some of them.

I think more people prefer to say "this system is f*ked, I am sitting out on this" rather than to stick with the system to rise to the top and change it. Of course it is always easier to take an unemployment check in protest than to suffer through the system and make small changes... That is why it never gets changed.
          JOURNAL..
          @BabesWithBBQ.
          Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
          Professional Style Website.
          #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• that must have been the case, canio.

Comment

• The only real way to change anything is to change yourself. The issue of ability over appearance only arises when you get opportunity and past experience with it, which is unavoidable. I, as a middle class midwesterner, am just going to have better opportunities than a poor urbanite or farmer because my parents could afford for me to focus on school instead of help pay bills. However, the kids from the private school in the rich side of town whose parents paid for their cars, well known school, and apartment are practically set up for success regardless of what they look like.

Does that mean someone working through high school and college can't be successful? Absolutely not. Excluding the handful of successful dropouts, my best friend worked in high school and college and helps pay her family's bills. She's graduating college with pretty damn respectable grades this year. Conversely, if the rich kid blows their chances, they probably won't starve, but they certainly won't be any less of a drain on society (through their parents) than the people who have babies for higher welfare.

So in the end, it's an individual, gray decision that you might have to make on a case by case basic even though other people may claim that's prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                So in the end, it's an individual, gray decision that you might have to make on a case by case basic even though other people may claim that's prejudice.

There's the problem. Giant, sweeping policies that make it black or white when really, everything is a shade of gray. Everyone is an outlier when you have people defined stereotypically.

<-- woman that is awesome at spatially related thinking

Comment

Working...
                X