No announcement yet.

***question***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay next question......................

I am heading way down into the deep recesses of New Zealand bush at easter. Taking the Jetboat in to do the Hollyford river. Really remote, as in the boat needs to be helicoptered over the falls etc....... we have to carry everything in etc....
    .............anyhoo, I often take thiamine before hitting sandfly/mosquito country. I also do not eat bananas for about three weeks before. I believe that those little suckers love the taste of banana on your skin and hate the taste of thiamine. Am I dreaming, or is there some truth in my wee theories ????????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
      are you looking for a good old fashioned beating Rich ?????
      You know it ;-)
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
        You know it ;-)
        hhhhhmmmm are old wrinkly Gwammas allowed to beat up on young bearded boyz ??????

...small steps....

Comment

I have a question, my skin can sometimes be dry (exma). I apply plenty of moisturizers daily (both natural and artificial) but nothing has ever made much difference.
          If I drink alot more water would the problem be helped atleast?
          I feel so isolated as every day I search for others like me, I havn't found them yet but I will one day...

Comment

hhhhhmmmm are old wrinkly Gwammas allowed to beat up on young bearded boyz ??????
            On the internets, it's encouraged.
            Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
            5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
            Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
            TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
            bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Originally posted by SkullCandyxox View Post
              I have a question, my skin can sometimes be dry (exma). I apply plenty of moisturizers daily (both natural and artificial) but nothing has ever made much difference.
              If I drink alot more water would the problem be helped atleast?
              Skull candy, I would start with drinking more water, and see if it corrects itself in a couple of days. However dehydration can often present with headaches, dark urine, and dry lips etc..... Do you have any of these symptoms ????

...small steps....

Comment

Headaches
                I seem to get a lot more now after 6 weeks primal. Often coming on in the night and paracetamol not working. Migraine pill helps. Any ideas? Honestly I feel my health has deteriorated on this diet with fatigue, dizzy spells the headaches and days where I feel quite depressed. Please tell me this too will pass.
                Sent from my GT-N5110 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                Last edited by gollysmum; 02-19-2014, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Hmm, headaches first line of attack is usually to guzzle some water in case of dehydration - and it certainly has been hot.

Depression/grumpiness can be caused by low carb. Primal does not have to be low carb, eat some fruit and veges.

Are you on any medications? If you are improving your markers e.g. blood pressure, maybe your dosages may now be out of kilter? Just a thought.

In my experience primal only improved my health, almost no negatives to speak of (other than the grumpiness as mentioned above).
                  Annie Ups the Ante
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Next question, what causes black rings under the eyes, and i mean really black black rings. Is it just a lack of sleep, or could there be a deficiency of a mineral or vitamin ??????
                    usually a stiff right hook....

Comment

What is everyone's favorite vegetable (and preparation)?
                      I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
                      SW (Feb 2012): 278
                      SBF: 26% (Scale)
                      CW (Sept 2015): 200
                      CBF: 17% (Scale)

Comment

Originally posted by accidentalpancake View Post
                        What is everyone's favorite vegetable (and preparation)?
                        Anything steamed! Easy, little cleanup and keeps vegetables tasting like vegetables!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gollysmum View Post
                          Headaches
                          I seem to get a lot more now after 6 weeks primal. Often coming on in the night and paracetamol not working. Migraine pill helps. Any ideas? Honestly I feel my health has deteriorated on this diet with fatigue, dizzy spells the headaches and days where I feel quite depressed. Please tell me this too will pass.
                          If you're low carb, try adding in some carbs in the form of fruit or sweet potato.

What are you goals for this diet?

Comment

This is going to sound stupid but lets try:

Those who fast probably know that feeling which hits you in 14+ hours: welness, calmness and almost euphoria like. I tried to googled it again but once I type these symptoms I got some link to a forum where people discussing various MDMA effects
                            What I want to ask is this feeling sustainable in the long run? Like for example are Keto diets bring it more longer then regular Primal/Paleo? I would be lying if I would say I am not after this euphoric feeling but what I like also is that sharp, almost superhuman focus and concentration during those hours. Sorry for odd question but maybe someone could explain what is going on and is it possible to have those ''gifts'' more then 1-2h a day?

Comment

Hi liquid gusto. My goal is weight loss, wellness and energy. ! I don't do well on low carb and try to aim for 50 -90 grams carbs but struggle to eat that much. Usually one piece fruit and one kumara per day with a few other veggies. Not much appetite

Comment

Originally posted by gollysmum View Post
                                Hi liquid gusto. My goal is weight loss, wellness and energy. ! I don't do well on low carb and try to aim for 50 -90 grams carbs but struggle to eat that much. Usually one piece fruit and one kumara per day with a few other veggies. Not much appetite

Are your electrolytes in balance? I don't handle sodium well, and I will somewhat frequently get headaches from low electrolytes. Salt actually tastes bad to me, so I use half regular salt, half potassium salts and like it fine. No more headaches (except from staing at a computer screen at work too long). If I remember right, sodium, potassium, magnesium are the three big ones though of course there are more. When you go low carb, your body sheds water and electrolytes, so you may need to replenish them more.

Comment

Working...
                                X