Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small rant - add your own if you want!! :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
    I was looking for supplements a few days ago... Vitamin D with K2, only found K1, is that as good...? When I saw something that really ticked me off.

It as a cinnamon supplement. I'm like What. The. Hell? Why do we need a cinnamon supplement? We can just eat it with our food. It tastes great! Goes well in smoothies, curries and soups! If you're eating SAD it's STILL easy! Goes well in oatmeal, on toast, on practically any breakfast cereal! There's even Cinnamon Toast Crunch, it does in fact have cinnamon in it! Why does this even exist?!?

Just my annoyance of the day. XD
    K1 is the stuff we get from eating green plants. It needs to be converted in the body to K2, but the conversation is something like 10:1 in effectiveness. You definitely want K2. I buy nature's plus D3/K2 from vitacost. It's great. Thorne makes a liquid, but I haven't tried it though some people recommend it.

Comment

• LMAO !!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• To the bitch I mean co-worker who, on Friday, waved her finger up and down the length of my body (5 ft. 2 in., now a BMI of 23), and stated, in a tsk tsk tsk manner, 'Gwen, you need to be careful about your weight.' I.e., don't lose any more. I said "I went two weeks without weighing, and when I stepped on the scale, I was the exact same as 2 weeks ago. I haven't lost anything past those 69 pounds in months.' To which she replied, "I just want you to be careful about your weight.'

WTF?! I eat healthy. She has boxed kid cereal or instant oatmeal for breakfast, and TWO white-bread sandwiches with butter and banana for her lunch, or a frozen TV dinner. And is about 30 lbs. overweight. WHO needs to be careful about their weight/health?!

grrrr.
        My blog: http://www.againstthegrain.us/

Comment

• I had that happen to me, too.

People aren't used to seeing normal weight people anymore.

Comment

• Me too. It came from a woman who is of normal weight. Still not sure why she said it.
            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Lol that never happens to me. XD probably because size 4 on a 5'9" frame is considered obese in fashion.
              JOURNAL..
              @BabesWithBBQ.
              Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
              Professional Style Website.
              #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• My rant about co-workers commenting on my weight:

I'm 5'11 and range between 145-150. And I've been this weight consistently for years.

Larger co-worker, as in morbidly obese, unvariably makes the following two comments about what I eat.

If I turn down the piece of birthday cake or cookie or whatever baked treat someone brought to work that day (and I usually do) then I hear "that's why you're thin. You DENY yourself."

If I decide to indulge (usually if said treat is a brownie), then I hear "you're lucky you can eat like and not gain weight. I just look at a brownie and gain weight." As she's on her second brownie.

So, I'm either a misearble, sad sack of person who is consantly in near-starvation mode just so I can stay skinny, or I hit the genealogical jackpot and can eat whatever I like with out repurcussion. Seriously, these seem to be the only two scenarios in her world in which someone like me can maintain a healthy, slender weight.

It's annoying. And sad.

Comment

• I get that all the time too. Living in this 'parallel food universe' can sometimes be the worst part of the whole thing. (the only negative, actually.)

People are just whacked when it comes to weight, and nutrition. Seriously whacked. Makes me nuts some times, especially when it's a so-called friend, or someone I (previously) respected and thought intelligent. Or at least civil enough to keep their snotty comments and finger wagging to themselves...

Comment

• I train higher-level young athletes. One person I work with is a woman who has lost around 100 pounds the last couple of years by constant calorie restriction and NONSTOP being on the treadmill. And good for her. But you still wouldn't look at her and think, "Dang, that lady is athletic!"

Then there's me, the guy who has been the same waist size since high school, has a borderline underwear-model body, and gains strength constantly while staying low body fat while doing all manner of athletic feats.

We were asked who wanted to put together a handout on nutrition for athletes to give out at workout. I said I'd be glad to. They want the coworker to do it, because she "clearly knows all about nutrition".

Comment

• eek. and weird!

Comment

• They probably want her to write it because she lost the weight, while they are most likely assuming you are just "naturally" in shape.
                        Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• yeah, you're the guy with 'good genes.'

:: rim shot ::

Comment

• Originally posted by Gwen View Post
                            yeah, you're the guy with 'good genes.'

:: rim shot ::
                            Yeah, I love how my genes allow me to deadlift over 400 lbs, and do human flags and stuff. Definitely not nutrition and exercise programming.

Comment

• As I said, people are generally whacked.

Comment

• Small rant - add your own if you want!!

Well, in that case... Many people on mda will write off me being fit and leaner as just me being "young and never been fat." Never mind I workout hard and watch what I eat. Also... I WAS fat, or at least chubby.
                                JOURNAL..
                                @BabesWithBBQ.
                                Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
                                Professional Style Website.
                                #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Working...
                                X