No announcement yet.

You Shower too Much?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know if you can melt a small amount of bee's wax into the coconut oil you can form it into a deodorant stick.
    Homemade Deodorant Bar Recipe - Natural and Organic
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
      from your own wiki link:

for joint repair:

Catholic Data: Gelatin works against Arthritis

info and links from mark on gelatin for various ailments:

Dear Mark: CoQ10, Gelatin, Fruit, and Eggs and LDL | Mark's Daily Apple

this might help you about skin and sweat:

Discovery Health "How does your skin eliminate waste?"

i bolded that bit because if a person's diet is full of fast-food burgers and domino's cheesy pizza crust, it's akin to garbage and toxins in the body and, simply stated, when excreted by fabp will create a biological environment that smells like ass. no amount of dr. bonner's will cure that.

there is NO food "stuck to" or "rotting" inside of anybody. your digestion takes care of all that. that bullshit about rotting meat is woo spouted by vegans and snake-oil hucksters selling "detoxes" and "cleanses". you do understand that ibs is simply an umbrella term for a list of symptoms, not a disease? doctors don't know what's wrong when somebody has trouble in the belleh so just brush it off as ibs. 99% of the time it's from a food intolerance, most often grains, sometimes, dairy, sometimes nightshades, etc.

i'magonna guess you've never heard the phrases "ancestral health" or "ancestral eating"? nobody in the forefront of this paleo/primal movement is pretending to have invented the wheel, however, they ARE combining traditional foodways and lifestyles with new science.

many of your posts include, "i think" or "i don't know", or "i'm guessing." ALL the info to help you inform yourself has been covered by mark, and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more of it is at your fingertips with a quick google-fu. it's difficult to have a reasoned conversation with somebody who is flailing around in a small dark room.
      I don't want to get into a long argument, but....

1. Protein in general tends to heal the body, and old people tend to shy away from it (I know my grandma did). I'd like to see a double blind study comparing gelatin to other protein sources in an animal's body.

2. Fast food burgers and domino's pizza are not necessarily full of toxins. Full of bad macronutrients(fat/protein/carb), sure. Show me which toxins from the toxin list are higher in fast food.

3. The point remains that the intestines get roughed up and damaged without lubrication. Whether or not food gets stuck there after the rest of the meal is digested, you may be right on that.

4. You're avoiding the point by using "ancestral health" instead. They're all synonyms. The official claim does not reverberate through the primal/paleo community very well. People tend to think primal/paleo is better and different.

And I will grant you that it's different than anything else in a *few ways*. The main difference between nutrition philosophies well-known in the weightlifting community (eat meat, vegetable, fruit, avoid grain and possibly dairy) since the 1960's is to try to eat like our ancient ancestors, and it's all bunk! If we truly ate paleolithically, we'd have to stop eating so many foods. Potatoes, sweet potatoes, chocolate, pecans, walnuts, tomatoes, and squash would be off limits. Since we eat all these things, let's just call the diet what it is more commonly known as: eating clean.

Traditional ways and natural ways are fallacies. There's no guarantee that a traditional way is better than what we have now.

5. Using "I think" is what allows me to have rational conversations, my friend. If I was always confident in what I said, then it would never be possible for me to be wrong (whether I was right or wrong).
      Last edited by DrHackenbush; 02-09-2014, 05:10 PM.

Comment

When I eat well I don't smell. If I est a known allergian/sensitivity I stink. Generally only shower once a week or when I workout. I don't wear deoderant and so far know one had complained. And trust me they would. The worse smell I have is my bras. It seems they especially pick up my sent.

Comment

Originally posted by phigment View Post
          When I eat well I don't smell. If I est a known allergian/sensitivity I stink. Generally only shower once a week or when I workout. I don't wear deoderant and so far know one had complained. And trust me they would. The worse smell I have is my bras. It seems they especially pick up my sent.
          And you live in Florida, which is the ultimate test for sweat-induced stank.

Another question:
          I'm going to put this as gently as possible. Why do fat people tend to have worse skin? It it simply more sweat lingering on the skin more frequently? Sweat being trapped in folds of skin? Those are my best guesses.

Comment

Originally posted by DrHackenbush View Post
            I don't want to get into a long argument, but....
            which is good, since you're coming at this from the standpoint of uninformed personal bias.

1. Protein in general tends to heal the body, and old people tend to shy away from it (I know my grandma did). I'd like to see a double blind study comparing gelatin to other protein sources in an animal's body.
            your grandma isn't every old person and you entirely missed the points that a) consumption of gelatin isn't "just" for the purpose of a protein source and b) that it provides other compounds lacking in a diet that relies primarily on muscle meat for protein-- as do most modern western diets.

2. Fast food burgers and domino's pizza are not necessarily full of toxins. Full of bad macronutrients(fat/protein/carb), sure. Show me which toxins from the toxin list are higher in fast food.
            do you know what the word "akin" means? do you understand what a comparison is? or does your comprehension just suck?

3. The point remains that the intestines get roughed up and damaged without lubrication. Whether or not food gets stuck there after the rest of the meal is digested, you may be right on that.
            too much fiber may damage the gut, yes. did you read the bit about gelatin improving mucus in the gut? it's not that i may be right about food not sticking, it's biology. it's fact.

4. You're avoiding the point by using "ancestral health" instead. They're all synonyms. The official claim does not reverberate through the primal/paleo community very well. People tend to think primal/paleo is better and different.
            nobody is claiming this way of eating is new, but much of the science IS. again, your comprehension just sucks.

If we truly ate paleolithically, we'd have to stop eating so many foods. Potatoes, sweet potatoes, chocolate, pecans, walnuts, tomatoes, and squash would be off limits.
            a) this is one of the most tired bits that gets trotted out. go back far enough and we were eating krill and oceanic larvae. b) you list "new world" foods so natives of the americas would have been eating them -- just not europeans and africans.

5. Using "I think" is what allows me to have rational conversations, my friend. If I was always confident in what I said, then it would never be possible for me to be wrong (whether I was right or wrong).
            that makes about zero sense. plenty of folks are utterly convinced they are correct and deliver their "facts" authoritatively. they can easily be proven wrong whether or not the statement was prefaced with "i think", and even if it was prefaced with "i know."

my biggest point to you is that you're simply under-informed and spouting opinions to bolster your opinions instead of doing some reading. even the minimal reading within this thread.
            As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Another question:
              I'm going to put this as gently as possible. Why do fat people tend to have worse skin? It it simply more sweat lingering on the skin more frequently? Sweat being trapped in folds of skin? Those are my best guesses.
              because they are malnourished, hormonally-deranged and most likely vitamin d deficient.

you have google on your thinking machine, don't you? isn't this enough guessing for one weekend?

or are you just trolling now?
              As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

because they are malnourished, hormonally-deranged and most likely vitamin d deficient.

you have google on your thinking machine, don't you? isn't this enough guessing for one weekend?

or are you just trolling now?
                Those descriptors don't apply to the fat people I've known. Ok, perhaps they were Vitamin D deficient, but there are many non-fat D-deficient people who don't display the same skin conditions.

Get off your mole hill.

Comment

which is good, since you're coming at this from the standpoint of uninformed personal bias.

your grandma isn't every old person and you entirely missed the points that a) consumption of gelatin isn't "just" for the purpose of a protein source and b) that it provides other compounds lacking in a diet that relies primarily on muscle meat for protein-- as do most modern western diets.

do you know what the word "akin" means? do you understand what a comparison is? or does your comprehension just suck?

too much fiber may damage the gut, yes. did you read the bit about gelatin improving mucus in the gut? it's not that i may be right about food not sticking, it's biology. it's fact.

nobody is claiming this way of eating is new, but much of the science IS. again, your comprehension just sucks.

a) this is one of the most tired bits that gets trotted out. go back far enough and we were eating krill and oceanic larvae. b) you list "new world" foods so natives of the americas would have been eating them -- just not europeans and africans.

that makes about zero sense. plenty of folks are utterly convinced they are correct and deliver their "facts" authoritatively. they can easily be proven wrong whether or not the statement was prefaced with "i think", and even if it was prefaced with "i know."

my biggest point to you is that you're simply under-informed and spouting opinions to bolster your opinions instead of doing some reading. even the minimal reading within this thread.
                  I'm done. Enjoy yourself. From experience, I know that a debater who gets emotional cannot be convinced of anything new.

Comment

being fat doesn't mean people aren't malnourished, you get that right? if their diets are heavy in processed foods, junk oils, hfcs and ketchup as a vegetable they are in a very bad way.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I'm done. Enjoy yourself. From experience, I know that a debater who gets emotional cannot be convinced of anything new.

lulz alotz. this isn't a debate, i'm anything but emotional here and opinions don't convince me of anything.

lulz, lulz.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Dr Hackenbush, i am very computer illiterate, and not the best person to post info from the web, but I was reading in another thread the other day about our glorious fast food burgers. They are indeed full of toxins, in fact one burger that was found in the guys pocket 14 years after it was purchased, hadn't appeared to age at all. I certainly wont be trying a mac donalds burger any time soon !!!!!!
                        "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

Type 2 diabetics STINK, all the time. I should know, I was. A co-worker of mine is a raging no control Type 2 and I can smell him before he comes around a corner.

Comment

Originally posted by WeldingHank View Post
                            Type 2 diabetics STINK, all the time. I should know, I was. A co-worker of mine is a raging no control Type 2 and I can smell him before he comes around a corner.
                            It has to be something digestive. My uncle is diabetic, and he has vicious farts/craps.

Comment

Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                              Dr Hackenbush, i am very computer illiterate, and not the best person to post info from the web, but I was reading in another thread the other day about our glorious fast food burgers. They are indeed full of toxins, in fact one burger that was found in the guys pocket 14 years after it was purchased, hadn't appeared to age at all. I certainly wont be trying a mac donalds burger any time soon !!!!!!
                              I hear you, but I want more specificity.

Comment

I think our diet has a lot to do with our odor. I had some compression shirts i wore to ref football when my diet was worse than crap. I couldn't get those shirts to smell good after washing a few times. At $12-15 a shirt and needing 5-7 mof them, it got expensive. eating clean ain't so expensive if you look at the big picture!!!

Danny

Comment

Working...
                                X