No announcement yet.

I've hit my first plateau, I need help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The coconut oil will help you let go of the fiber as well. I had the same issue you did and took fiber for years. When I started eating at least 4 T. of coconut oil per day a couple of months ago I had no more problems that required additional fiber. I just eat the oil out of the jar. It is not as cloying as most oils.

Comment

You've got lots of time before the deadline.. What are your workout routines like?

I'd suggest upping your fat intake and your carbs with some more veggies and fruit. And then busting you ass in the gym - not for reps, but for max weights for lots of sets. Every other day unless your body says no.. 8 sets of 3 for deadlifts and squats, then 4 sets of 8 for dumbell lunges and then some planks and prone bridges etc... that kind of thing... don't spin your wheels with cardio workouts.

Comment

I dig these last 3 comments, thanks a lot. I cook my eggs in coconut oil. I just recently ran out but I've been meaning to go get more. I'd like to try it out as a substitute for fiber but it's pretty expensive ($9/jar), so I can't quite afford 4TBS/day in addition to what I use for cooking. It's an interesting suggestion though.

I'd like to incorporate some more vege's into my diet but I haven't for 2 reasons:

1.) I HATE most vege's. And not in a small way, I'll literally gag when many vege's hit my mouth. I don't know what's up with that.
        2.) I'm afraid that by eating more carbs I'll go out of ketosis, although ketosis doesn't seem to be helping me lose weight lately so maybe I need to change things up.

@ slowcooker: that's pretty much how I work out. I hammer squats, deadlifts, and the bench press every week. I use near max loads and I do multiple, low-reps sets (after I've warmed up). I dig going hard in the gym, I really do. The planks and whatnot I haven't been doing. I guess I'm still resting on the "I'm too fat." excuse, but it's probably time to move on from that.
        I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Comment

Are you getting enough sleep - and is the room you sleep in dark enough? If you don't get enough quality sleep, your body might be in "permanent summer / pre-hibernation" mode.
          MikeEnRegalia's Blog - Nutrition, Dieting, Exercise and other stuff ;-)

Comment

I think I do, at least 8 hours/night, although the quality of my sleep's not all that good and it never has been - I toss and turn a lot. I have blackout curtains on my window and I use f.lux on my computer so I think I should be good to go in the light department.
            I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Comment

I missed that post where you said you were a competitive powerlifter... doh.
              Doesn't sound like you are going to be fat for too much longer.

Comment

Working...
              X