Best Sleep Hack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Sleep Hack

What has been your best hack or method to get more and restful sleep?

I struggle with middle of the night insomnia especially during stressful times with work.

Natural calm has helped some. Looking for personal recommendations and "success stories".

Thanks....

Potato starch before dinner seems to help me sleep really well.
    Depression Lies

Comment

+1 potato starch. I have only been taking it for 3 days, but I have not woken up at all during the night since I started.

Theanine Serene (l-theanine + GABA)

magnesium citrate
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

A banana at bedtime, magnesium citrate + turning off phone, laptop etc. and keeping them as far away from the bed as possible.

Comment

Yes to bananas (or mangoes work but not as well) before bed. Best sleeping aid.

Less protein/fat and more carbs for dinner.
          ------
          HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Also, I can't eat anything except fruit/sugar within a few hours of bed. Fruit/sugar digest pretty quickly so I don't have issues falling asleep. Protein or fat on the other hand tends to make me uncomfortable when trying to sleep.
            Depression Lies

Comment

Smoking some weed right before bed, back when I was into that. Now, it's up and down. Mag glycinate helps, but I won't take more than 200mg due to the aftereffects come morning. My ND has me taking phosphatidylserine to help normalize cortisol; no idea if it's doing much. I haven't found potato starch to have any appreciable impact on my sleep yet, and am just up to 4Tbsp/day of that, half right before bed.
              I always sleep in a full dark room with a mask and earplugs. I have yet to sort out what will produce good, consistent, uninterrupted, restful sleep for me, though.

Comment

Magnesium glycinate 400mg and melatonin 1mg at bedtime works for me.
                Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by lemontwisst View Post
                  Smoking some weed right before bed, back when I was into that.
                  LOL

I haven't burned the hippy cabbage in about 20yrs but i second that Rx!!!!

Comment

I take a Tablespoon of honey on an EMPTY stomach (Nothing within 4 hours) right before bed. You'll sleep like a baby! Google it for more info!
                    Heaviest: 1-22-2012 = 203 lbs, of being skinny fat, beginning PB
                    Current: = 182 lbs. 14% body fat.
                    Goal: 175 lbs. was made in April 2013.

Comment

Exercise.

Or sexercise.

M.

Comment

Originally posted by MEversbergII View Post
                        Exercise.

Or sexercise.

M.
                        +1 on sexercise - with or without a partner. Nothing like a good Oh! to put you to sleep.
                        High Weight: 225
                        Weight at start of Primal: 189
                        Current Weight: 174
                        Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

Well that's much more fun than potato starch...
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

-Much- more fun.

Can't recommend it enough.

M.

Comment

bowl of ice cream before bed always does it for me.
                              Salube Up! - SalubriousU

Comment

Working...
                              X