X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mount St. Helens Day

Where were you on May 18, 1980?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_St._Helens

(If you weren't born yet, don't say...that will just make me feel old.)

In my back yard, playing on my swingset. Being here in the northwest, I remember it vididly, even though I was just a kid. Sad to say that it was only a year ago that I actually went to Mt St Helens and saw it for the first time in person.

Comment

I was at home while my brother was being born:-) He came into the world with quite a bang!
      http://www.prettyinprimal.blogspot.com

Comment

I honestly don't remember anything from that age. But I guess I was at home with family in India.

Comment

I was a few days old. Ha do you still feel old. I do i just turned 30. =)
          Family Living Simple blog

Facebook

Twitter @Famlivingsimple

Comment

:-P

Comment

I remember it well. I was living in Springfield, OR at the time. The ash was unbelievable. It seemed like evening, even during the day. I travelled north to Washington the next week and remember having to use windshield wipers because of the ash.

Comment

On Kwajalein, an island in the Marshall Islands, in Micronesia. It was a Sunday? Probably playing at the beach I was a young'n then.

Comment

Living in Portland, OR at the time. I remember going from the TV to watch the news to the deck to check the view from the telescope constantly. We got to wear those white dust masks and were told not to 'play with the damn ash' and had indoor recess for what seemed like foreverrrrr (I was 8 with a bad sense of time obviously)

Comment

Working...
                  X