Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The message is getting out

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle7126284.ece

Good to see that good advice is creeping out in more places.

I just read that article before I saw this post. Very encouraging! It starts out as "Dr. John Briffa's guide to banish your belly" and turns into a rather elegant summary of some of the main points of the Primal Blueprint. Then it gets explicitly primal:

And always keep in mind the “primal principle”: the idea that the most healthy behaviours are generally those that are in accordance with our evolutionary past. We’ve been on this planet for nearly 2.5 million years and have subsisted mostly on a diet of meat, fish, eggs, fruit, vegetables, nuts and seeds. Condense the whole of human evolution into a year, and we only started eating grains a day and a half ago.
    Word to your matrilineal ancestors!

EDIT: Oops, now the link's broken. Apparently the CW censors found out about it and sent it down the memory hole
    Last edited by Timothy; 05-14-2010, 04:16 PM.

Comment

I heard on the radio today that the american heart association was bashing eating too much sugar!
      it's a start.

Comment

Yeah what the hell, why is the link broken?
        .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
        ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Good question rphslv, all traces of the article seem to have disappeared from the Times' web site. I wish I still had it in my cache so I could share it with you. It pulled no punches on grains, told people to eat animal fat and avoid veggie oils, minimize fruit but go for berries -- all the latest, cutting-edge paleo advice. Which is probably why the editors killed it

Comment

That's weird - the link worked just a few minutes ago.
            My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
            On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Comment

The upper middle class moms are getting it. They're all freaked out about allergies and gluten, and they have their degrees, and they won't wait for the powers that be to ban it - they just shop at Trader Joes and Whole Foods, and shun processed crap and gluten...first for their kids, then for mom who has hypothyroid and diabetes... and gradually the word gets out.

Comment

The bastards! That was a really great article.

Comment

Ahhh..so true Bisous.

Comment

Seeing this article get the 1984 treatment made me very curious about its author. It turns out his blog's not half bad:

http://www.drbriffa.com

He doesn't seem to be aware of the Primal Blueprint or any of our other favorites of the paleosphere, but he's converging on all the same information. I bet his book "Waist Disposal" is a fun read.

Comment

I knew it was all a conspiracy.
                      .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                      ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Link works for me - maybe it was a technical issue. I have followed his blog and he is along the same lines as PB.
                        My website: http://www.shoppinganywhere.net/

Comment

link works.

clearly THEY knew we were onto them :-)

great article. depressing he concedes it works faster for men than women because of hormones :-(

Comment

read it! good article, gonna check out his other stuff. The comments mentioned Diet Delusion by Gary Taubes...anyone read it?

Comment

I think The Diet Delusion is the title for Good Calories, Bad Calories in the UK and Australia.

Comment

Working...
                              X