When will this stop?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will this stop?

Please excuse my terrible illustration ability, but I think you will understand.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

do you mean the waist, thighs and calves are too big for the pants which fit around the ass? i have noticed of recent clothes are getting wierder cuts. i think people are changing into less "athletic" builds maybe? i've not tried any of the bold curve levis so i cant say there but one of the issues i have is the legs are usually too short unless they come in different lengths. the rest of the time i muddle thru or wear a belt. i've never had a problem with thighs on things. calves occasionally i have issues but that is only on things like those extreme skinny levis with the zips up the ankles.

Comment

Pants that are too tight in the thighs and too loose in the waist? When pigs fly, I guess. This is why we have tailors. Or sewing machines, for those with skillz.

Comment

Find a seamstress to make your clothing. I imagine in SoCal many nice little Mexican ladies that could do this at a reasonable price.

Comment

Talbots "curvy fit" pants work for me.

Comment

Yes, can't fit my legs in pants, and the waist is still too big.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
              Yes, can't fit my legs in pants, and the waist is still too big.
              Agreed. Once I find pants to fit my thighs, the waist looks hilarious. Cinched belt. Sexy? I think not. LOL!

Comment

low waisted jeans help stop the gap in the waist too as they are missing the bit where i go in the most. the jeans i wear with a cinched belt are things like the button fly levis that are too big for me anyways. boyfriend jeans.

Comment

Welcome to the club. Try Wranglers, Miss Me or Loft. They give you a bit of room in the thighs while not being too hude in the waist. They will still be snug in the thighs.
                  Don't bother with pants from Target or Old Navy. To fit my legs in pants at Target.... size 17 and you could get 2 of me in the waist.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                  Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Yeah, I just found some jeans, men's size 33. The legs fit perfectly. And these are loose cut jeans, not skinny jeans. I think I can sew a couple inches of darts in the back of the waist. Gotta have size 33 loose-cut jeans with a size 29 waist if I want them to fit, and I don't even have a thin waist. I practically don't have a waist at all. I can only imagine what the wasp-waisted girls have to do.

I guess what is bugging me is that this trend of the tiny legs and the huge waist has been going on for what, a decade or more? How much more of this?

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                      I guess what is bugging me is that this trend of the tiny legs and the huge waist has been going on for what, a decade or more? How much more of this?
                      Until people stop being shaped like apples with chopsticks coming out the bottom, I guess. I'm in the same boat, most pants I need to size up three sizes to make the legs fit, and you just can't tailor a waist that much. I'd wholeheartedly jump on the leggings/short dresses/skirts wagon if it wasn't unreasonable here because of cold temps half the year.

Comment

It's the same problem for me, as a guy. I usually need to get relaxed fit jeans for them to feel comfortable.
                        In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

my american jeans all seem to be normal sizes but then i never buy jeans new. i have some true religions and some abercrombies which are in US sizes and a couple of pairs of levis. i know prob 10 odd years ago here they changed all the sizes so you need to be careful buying older jeans second hand as they were much smaller. looking at all the kids i see tho i am not noticing thinner thighs. everyone is just bigger all over.

Comment

I avoided leg exercise for like seven years, and it only helped a little. Took up running when I first "got healthy" and that trimmed my leg muscles down a bit. I think, out side of muscle wasting via bed rest or chronic cardio, we're stuck with big, juicy frog legs. So I've thrown in the towel and started compound lifts, as a sort of F.U. to the big-leg machine. "You want me to have giant legs? K. Watch this!" lol.
                            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

This has been my world for a long time. I have always had larger (muscular) calves and thighs. Finding pants that fit over them and still fit in the waist is tough. I often have to wear a belt, and have that awful *bunched* look around the waist.
                              High Weight: 225
                              Weight at start of Primal: 189
                              Current Weight: 174
                              Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

Working...
                              X