I believe! I believe!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe! I believe!

So about a week ago, and after about six weeks on PB, I ran across a thread where people were discussing how their chronic pain seemed to clear up after going PB (fibromyalgia, joint pain, etc.). After reading the thread, I was astounded to realize that the chronic trigger point pain I have had in my shoulder blades for years had seemingly vanished despite the fact that I am still kickboxing and playing volleyball, both of which seem to tax those points specifically. Moreover, the near-constant joint pain in my knees, elbows and shoulders from too many years of sports were also non-existant. I was surprised I hadn't noticed the lack of pain but maybe I had just been too excited about the weight loss.

This week I have been well more 80/20 than ever before. Most nights I have had a handful of zebra popcorn (drizzled with white and milk chocolate) and then yesterday I ate some sad emotions by way of a delicious (and huge) raspberry bar. This week I kickboxed and then last night I had 5 vball games. After waking up this morning and barely being able to move due to knee pain, I realized I had actually been aching all week. Prior to these 80/20 type days, I hadn't had any knee or shoulder pain despite kickboxing more often and playing weekly vball tournaments in 95 degree heat.

Wow, what a revelation. Want less pain? Don't eat grains and sugars.

I believe.
    "If you won't be better tomorrow than you are today, what do you need tomorrow for?"

Yer preachin' to the choir, sistah! The people in my office decided to celebrate Cinco de Mayo this year by bringing in crap to eat. Being a team player, I did my part. How could one day hurt? I had to go home sick the next day. I haven't been sick since starting Paleo in January, but I was laid low by one day of crappy eathing. I used to feel that way ALL THE TIME but I just compensated. Now that I know what "feeling good" feels like, I wonder how I got through my life.

Comment

I hear you LOUD & CLEAR.... though I haven't indulged in grains, I did add some dairy back in (not a lot) - some heavy cream in my morning coffee, occasional cheese.... and I'm having joint pain. From Dairy? Really???? Though I have to admit it is MUCH better than before PB. AND I do have mechanical damage to several joints.

PB it is, for me!

Comment

Working...
      X