Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Importance of Significant Other's Eating Habits?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lazurus, you described my perfect woman also.

I fear a long wait

Comment

Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
      I personally think, even more than how they eat, the most important thing is how supportive they are of the things you do to make your life better.

The Boyfriend isn't Primal or Paleo, but he tries to keep the non-Primal things he eats from being "in my face", and when we go out, he tries to find places where I can have the most choices.
      Ditto. It's about supporting each other, not insisting we're the same.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
        But of course you know, as a doctor, that people who do crazy amounts of activity during the prime of their lives, which includes women who exercise hard several hours a day in order to maintain the appearance of fitness, often end up with overuse injuries and disabilities that permanently knock them off the hamsterwheel. Then what will you do if she can no longer meet your standards?
        A body with wear and tear always looks better than a body shaped by lack of use and heavy use of a comfortable armchair.

Comment

deleted
          Last edited by Liquid Gusto; 01-10-2014, 08:26 PM.

Comment

deleted
            Last edited by Liquid Gusto; 01-10-2014, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Phobias can be dealt with through EFT. NLP and hypnosis are also helpful.

If these are true phobias, and eating disorder clinics fail to treat them as phobias, I can see why no progress would be made.

Comment

Importance of Significant Other's Eating Habits?

I don't mind what people around me eat at all. I have never dated someone who ate the same way as I did since I started eating "healthy" 5-6 years ago.

(One pet peeve is when guys order stuff and then expect me to eat half of it. Wtf order for yourself)

My most recent bf always made sure we went somewhere (be it friends' house or restaurant) where I can eat something. If it is a restaurant he would go to a place with sashimi or steak. If it is his friends' house he sometimes said no to the invite if they are just making tacos or something I can't eat. That was extremely considerate of him...

So basically I don't care what the other persons in my life eat as long as their eating choices do not infringe on my eating choices.
                ------
                HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

am frequently surprised how "soft" people are when they are decades younger than i am. too much x-box, i guess?
                  As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

The most I changed in someone's diet was to suggest a clean whey protein shake when he decided he wanted slim fast (not sure why...Guys always decide to "get healthy" when I start dating them and it is always some crappy diet routine like slim fast).
                    ------
                    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
                      am frequently surprised how "soft" people are when they are decades younger than i am. too much x-box, i guess?
                      Yes.

Comment

deleted
                        Last edited by Liquid Gusto; 01-10-2014, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
                          My Mom would agree with this. She's said a few times how she thinks guys of my generation seem much more feminine compared to when she was my age (in the 70s). I always thought maybe men just weren't as comfortable showing their emotions back then, but maybe this is an incorrect theory?
                          Last edited by Liquid Gusto; 12-13-2013, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                            But of course you know, as a doctor, that people who do crazy amounts of activity during the prime of their lives, which includes women who exercise hard several hours a day in order to maintain the appearance of fitness, often end up with overuse injuries and disabilities that permanently knock them off the hamsterwheel. Then what will you do if she can no longer meet your standards?
                            So let me see if I understand.....I would hypothetically have a confident, smart, humble, empathetic, opinionated, rugged woman, and the worst thing I would possibly have in my life is that her knees and back hurt?

I have more overuse injuries than anyone I know. I ran full tris, played 8 years of violent football in HS and college, and today do Strongman comps for fun.....so I know all about what those are like. And yes for Quikky's comment; I would gander to say that people of my ilk look a little better than lazy people. My mother worked harder than any woman should ever have to, and despite double knee replacements still gets looked at by guys my age (At 52. It's creepy.)

It is about a mentality, not the looks alone....and for NOW, I have it in my current SO. An MD with a chick pack (not a true 6 pack. That would be gross) that grew up poor in Ontario, humble, read even more than I have, an all around amazing and beautiful woman.

I think that women get grouchy about the idea of other women showing them up....just what it looks like sometimes. Any discussion of what a guy is really looking for, and EVERY woman tells you how you won't find it....until you do

@Liquid Gusto

Yes. A lot of guys my age (I am 29) are pretty much indistinguishable from 1950's era women, outside of (sometimes) the places they shop.....unassertive, meek, sensitive, skinny jeans, play on their phones all the time, can't fix anything, have no skills.

Which means if you actually DO act like a man, you have zero competition.
                            = win

Like this exchange I had with my SO in the beginning:
                            Her: "So will you maybe text me sometime this weekend? I'd love to hear from you."
                            Me: "No. I don't text. I will call you at 6 on Friday, and I will be picking you up at 7:30 Saturday to take you to dinner. If I say I will be calling and I don't, I am in the hospital, just so we are clear. Wear something you can get into a good restaurant with, but bring comfortable shoes. See you Saturday."

See, totally throws them off
                            Last edited by TheyCallMeLazarus; 12-13-2013, 09:29 PM.
                            "The soul that does not attempt flight; does not notice its chains."

Comment

There are two deal breakers:

1. if their eating habits wree blowing our budget and making it impossible for us to be financially stable;
                              2. if they pressured me or otherwise inhibited me from making my own dietary decisions.

Otherwise, folks can eat what they want.

Comment

Originally posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
                                So let me see if I understand.....I would hypothetically have a confident, smart, humble, empathetic, opinionated, rugged woman, and the worst thing I would possibly have in my life is that her knees and back hurt?
                                No. You have a confident, smart, humble, empathetic, opinionated, rugged woman who manages to control her weight through excessive exercise. And when she is no longer able to exercise, she starts to put on weight. She can end up putting on a lot of weight.

Comment

Working...
                                X