Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coconut Oil Pulling... AKA Mouthwash

Coconut Oil Pulling - Everything what you really need to know

Seems primal! And we already know that coconut oil is a good natural anti-bacterial... And good for almost everything!

The website is a bit jinky, but who knows.

So anyone do this one at home yet?

FWIW my mouth has been much happier after just switching to plain baking powder as a "toothpaste". Maybe the Coconut Oil Pulling might get rotated in to see how it goes.

Thanks,
    Adrian
    Full on Primal family and loving it!!!
    This is going to be a big year for vitamins and minerals!

www.wellnessmama.com
    If you search for oil pulling her article is less hinky. Most oil pulling I've read is followed by rinsing with salt water & then drinking water or tea.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

I just heard about this a few days ago on CureZone and started yesterday. It gives my mouth a clean feel, but I can't say much else yet. I followed it by rinsing with water then brushing my teeth about 15-20 minutes later. Keen to see how it will go in a month

Comment

I don't do on a regular basis, but found it works great to heal sore gums or something like a canker sore.

Comment

There seems to be something to it. I'm too slack to stick with it though.
          Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
          5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
          Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
          TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
          bloodorchid is always right

Comment

I looked into it an tried it for a while. There was a lot of hippie bullshit associated with it, but it does seem to be at least as effective as mouthwash. I tried it and it worked fine, but I found it inconvenient to have oil in my mouth for 10 minutes.
            http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

The easiest way to do it is if you either A. have a morning shower, or B. have a good 10 minutes of doing something else. I juice during the swishing time.

it does whiten your teeth over time, too.

Comment

I do this occasionally while driving to work. I've read the hippie nonsense about toxins, but when I am done I just swallow it as a source of MCTs. I think the mechanical action of it moving around the teeth, along with the anti-bacterial properties of the coconut oil, are what cleans your mouth and teeth.

Comment

Great feedback! We'll give it a try. My wife started last night but I was playing soccer and did not get her feedback yet on how it went.

I figured just swallow the oil as well! Glad we are on the same page.

... Plus with the dry air I have been using the oil for hand lotion the tub is out already anyway in the morning.
                  Full on Primal family and loving it!!!
                  This is going to be a big year for vitamins and minerals!

Comment

Originally posted by Pillow View Post
                    Great feedback! We'll give it a try. My wife started last night but I was playing soccer and did not get her feedback yet on how it went.

I figured just swallow the oil as well! Glad we are on the same page.

... Plus with the dry air I have been using the oil for hand lotion the tub is out already anyway in the morning.
                    Coconut oil is great as a moisturizer! Use it every day for that!

Comment

Originally posted by Markbt View Post
                      I do this occasionally while driving to work.
                      Ha, I used to do this until I had the sudden uncontrolable urge to cough one time on the freeway and there was oil all over my dash and windshield. Thankfully it was easy to clean up. Now if I want to do it in the car, I take a plastic glass with me and spit it into the container if I have to. It solidifies and is easy to dispose of.

Comment

It makes my front teeth noticeably less translucent. I make up batches with a tiny amount of essential oil for gum health (myrrh and peppermint or citrus) - definitely don't swallow that, though.

Comment

Great post. I read about oil pulling many months ago and wanted to try it but was scared about that oily feeling mouth for a whole 10 minutes so I havent tried it.
                          I have thought about it again recently.

I make my own tooth powder with bentonite clay (similar to Wellness Mama's) which works ok. Id like to see better results though.

Theres no way I'd swallow the oil though. Its a very old method of detoxing, an ayervedic (sp!) practice I think.
                          I dont want to be swallowing toxins pulled from my mouth or body thanks! That crap needs to be spit out! Lol.

Cool, I'm motivated to give this a go now!

Adding peppermint essential oil might be nice too... actually I could infuse some coconut oil with all that dried peppermint I have...

Comment

You have not specified any toxins. Do you think oil pulls arsenic or lead from your gums? So far this is just woo woo. List an actual toxin that oil removes.
                            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I have known about oil pulling for a while, but only tried it earlier this fall. I stopped once preggo except when the teeth pain started, and then it helped clean/lessen the pain.

I should probably start it back up, I love how it made my teeth feel and I totally believe it heals teeth/gums
                              Earthy Mama's Journal

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

Comment

Working...
                              X