Coconut Oil Pulling... AKA Mouthwash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
    You have not specified any toxins. Do you think oil pulls arsenic or lead from your gums? So far this is just woo woo. List an actual toxin that oil removes.
    I'm not worried about this aspect, for myself.

We know that coconut oil has anti-microbial properties, which means it's useful in cleaning, and useful in cleaning the mouth.

and, it has whitened my teeth, so you know, benefit!

Comment

yes i do it every day. does not have to be coconut oil i also use sunflower oil.

Comment

i don't do it for 10 minutes (have also seen recommendations to do it for 15-20 mins), but for at least 5 mins a few times a week and my gums and teeth feel MUCH cleaner. i do it after flossing and it feels great.

i spit it in the trash though.
        As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I'm doing 20 minutes 2x day right now. Teeth are looking great.

Comment

[QUOTE=Knifegill;1392595]You have not specified any toxins. Do you think oil pulls arsenic or lead from your gums? So far this is just woo woo. List an actual toxin that oil removes.[/QUOTE

Whats woo woo? One toxin it can remove is the acids from meat and sugar consumption that rot teeth and cause gum disease.
            How about that Mr caveman?

Comment

Originally posted by twa2w View Post
              Ha, I used to do this until I had the sudden uncontrolable urge to cough one time on the freeway and there was oil all over my dash and windshield. Thankfully it was easy to clean up. Now if I want to do it in the car, I take a plastic glass with me and spit it into the container if I have to. It solidifies and is easy to dispose of.
              At least it was not on your wife or another passenger in the car.LOL

Comment

I do it every morning with coconut oil and have found it whitens my teeth and my gums look and feel better. I definitely spit it out...no way would I swallow it.

Comment

Oh, and it's origins are in Ayurvedic medicine, not hippie 'woo woo', in case anyone cares :-)

Comment

I do it w CO a few times a week for 5 minutes and spit it out.
                    I like the way my mouth feels so I'll keep doing it for now
                    K

Comment

Acids are not a toxin and you cannot acidify your body with food.
                      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                        You have not specified any toxins. Do you think oil pulls arsenic or lead from your gums? So far this is just woo woo. List an actual toxin that oil removes.
                        Bacteria between your teeth and gums.
                        Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                        5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                        Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                        TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                        bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Bacteria DO create toxins, I believe you have a point there!
                          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

i think i'm going to give this a go, maybe a couple of times a week.

Also need to get back off of commercial toothpaste...

Comment

I do this, undoubtedly whitens my teeth and heals my gums.

Comment

Oil pulling has been great for my gums, and my teeth are much whiter afterwards. I am inconsistent about it though.

Comment

Working...
                                X