Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surprise - Professional nutritionists don't like Gary Taubes!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprise - Professional nutritionists don't like Gary Taubes!

My Nutrition professor (in a graduate level program) just referred to Gary Taubes as "The Devil Incarnate"

....dem's be fightin' words!

Anything that goes against the low-fat/whole grains CW mantra...

Comment

Yeah - LOL - he attacked their "healthy whole grains" mantra.
      Starting Weight: 197.5
      Current Weight: 123
      Far healthier!

Comment

Taubes is pretty flawed, so I guess it depends on the perspective.
        http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

Even before I went primal, I wondered why mainstream medicine and dieticians were pushing the same diet on us that we use to fatten up feedlot animals for slaughter. There is nothing- NOTHING- that whole grains offers our diets that a balanced diet of other foods won't give you. The focus in the US on getting so many servings of whole grains is baffling. I read recently about a school that determined a child's packed lunch from home wasn't complete (it had a meat, a veggie, a milk, and a fruit) because it didn't have any grain. So they gave the kid a pack of Ritz crackers, and charged the parents $5 for the privilege.
          High Weight: 225
          Weight at start of Primal: 189
          Current Weight: 174
          Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

Originally posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
            Even before I went primal, I wondered why mainstream medicine and dieticians were pushing the same diet on us that we use to fatten up feedlot animals for slaughter. There is nothing- NOTHING- that whole grains offers our diets that a balanced diet of other foods won't give you. The focus in the US on getting so many servings of whole grains is baffling. I read recently about a school that determined a child's packed lunch from home wasn't complete (it had a meat, a veggie, a milk, and a fruit) because it didn't have any grain. So they gave the kid a pack of Ritz crackers, and charged the parents $5 for the privilege.
            Yep, but that was here in Canada. Somewhere in Manitoba, I think. Same stupid recommendations, though.

Comment

How did our ancestors survive without 48g of whole grain per day? They must have been so unhealthy.

Comment

Originally posted by quikky View Post
                How did our ancestors survive without 48g of whole grain per day? They must have been so unhealthy.
                Well look at them! They're all dead now, so obviously they had a terrible diet!
                Durp.

Comment

Working...
                X