No announcement yet.

The insanity of our disposable way of life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carhartt - Product - Series 1889 Relaxed Straight Double Front Work Dungaree
    Not as sexy as Wranglers, but another indication of a guy that's not afraid to get his hands dirty.

I finally broke down and asked for a Kindle for Christmas, but that's because there are authors you can't get in print- dang it. Other than that- if I can't do it with my laptop, then it can wait until I can.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

Carhartt - yeah!! Super stuff - my girls have been outfitted in their insulated overalls, coveralls, and jackets for 9 years now. Out here where I live, it is regulation apparel. Not much is better for the combo of warmth and extreme durability. Those 1000-dollar down coats might also be warm, but one week out here in the sticks and they will be shredded.
      I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

I had kindle software on my ipod. That's how I "read" starting strength. I put "read" in quotes because it's really hard to read a book that has pictures on such a tiny screen. In fact, I do not like the reading experience of anything on such a tiny screen. Anyway, my ipod is off to Alabama where hopefully they can fix it.
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
          I had kindle software on my ipod. That's how I "read" starting strength. I put "read" in quotes because it's really hard to read a book that has pictures on such a tiny screen. In fact, I do not like the reading experience of anything on such a tiny screen. Anyway, my ipod is off to Alabama where hopefully they can fix it.
          Yeah, Starting Strength is an expensive book, but it's worth it in paperback.

I don't think I'll ever trust Kindle. It makes books cheaper and more convenient to carry, but I still remember when they deleted Animal Farm and 1984 on the Kindles and just gave people a refund. "Deleting" my books will require a little more effort than that.
          In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

Originally posted by jefferson1775 View Post
            yeah, starting strength is an expensive book, but it's worth it in paperback.

I don't think i'll ever trust kindle. It makes books cheaper and more convenient to carry, but i still remember when they deleted animal farm and 1984 on the kindles and just gave people a refund. "deleting" my books will require a little more effort than that.
            what?!

Why?!
            http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

I just googled it, and it looks like Amazon bought the rights to the two books from a company that didn't have the rights to sell them in the first place. Amazon admitted that it was still wrong to delete the already sold books though.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I got a nook. It's pretty neat. I use it for GMing.

M.

Comment

Working...
                X