Reasons Not To Fall Off The Primal Bandwagon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasons Not To Fall Off The Primal Bandwagon

Reason No. 1: When you climb back on, low-carb flu sucks. (I need a nap.)
    Last edited by dragonjax; 11-06-2013, 06:51 PM.
    F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

What ever kind of diarrhea, constipation, gas and bloating I get from eating junk is SO not worth it (since the junk doesn't event taste good).
    My diary comics
    My fitness inspiration blog

Comment

Why throw water on the fire when it is burning....what a pain to have to restart it.

The light headedness and low energy that I had with eating a SAD diet....
      44 F 5'5
      SW 205.4
      CW 180.4
      GW 150

Comment

Timely topic!

The sugar rollercoaster, ugh! Up and down, crappy sleep, inability to focus or parent well.

Sent from my LG-E617G using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by BrainInABody View Post
          What ever kind of diarrhea, constipation, gas and bloating I get from eating junk is SO not worth it (since the junk doesn't event taste good).
          I have definitely noticed this -- when I eat non-primal foods, they taste either meh at best or horrid at worst. I think this should be its own Reason: Eating non-primal foods don't even taste good anymore. (To say nothing of the body's other, non-taste-bud reactions!)
          Last edited by dragonjax; 11-06-2013, 06:55 PM.

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

Comment

Originally posted by Kris T View Post
            Why throw water on the fire when it is burning....what a pain to have to restart it.

The light headedness and low energy that I had with eating a SAD diet....
            This, times eleventy billion.

Comment

Originally posted by justme View Post
              The sugar rollercoaster, ugh! Up and down, crappy sleep, inability to focus or parent well.
              YES. A thousand times yes!

Comment

The nightmares. 0.o Deeefinitely the nightmares. And the brain fog.

Comment

How about how gluten can affect you for up to 6 months (effects degrade over time) after eating it?

the Dr.com

Gluten Sensitivity and Celiac Disease with Dr. Thomas O'Bryan 07/07 by Sean Croxton | Nutrition Podcasts

Comment

I'm not being negative, but for me, a good fall from grace is usually enough to put me on the straight and narrow for a long time. I don't usually go off track for much time, maybe three or four days, but four days of bread, and I'm ready to stop farting and get back to being healthy.

So maybe that's the good reason to not fall off the wagon? Because farting isn't fun? Unless you laugh at farts, and then I don't know what to tell you.
                    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I fell off the wagon a bit this week (Binging on gluten-free mac and cheese, as well as some less-than-midnight-dark chocolate bars) and I've been dragging like MAD! NO MORE.
                      Eat like a Beast, feel like a Beast!
                      Eat from a huge bag of processed junk... Well... You know.

Comment

bloating.

moodswings.

constipation.

unenjoyment of food.
                        Annie Ups the Ante
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Reason No. 6*: Non-homemade food tends to taste like crap. (I used to love eating out. Now I sort of dread it -- overpriced, oversalted, oversauced lower-quality meats? Bleh.)

* I'm just making up numbers as I go.

Comment

Reasons Not To Fall Off The Primal Bandwagon
                            Because you are not on a bandwagon, you are on the instinctive path to health and being the way you are supposed to be. To "fall off" would be totally against your instincts.

Somebody posted this on another forum I'm on. Sums up what I was trying to say above I think.

Living according to your own evolution is … simply … natural.
                            Last edited by texas.grok; 11-09-2013, 02:10 AM.
                            Randal
                            AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                            Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                            http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

Waking up with stiff, aching joints, brain fog, and a head full of snot after eating wheat? Totally not worth it.

The massive belly-bloat after drinking beer? Totally not worth it.

The draggy, tired feeling that persists all day after eating grains (including, but not limited to, wheat)? Totally not worth it.

The elevated heart rate and worsening of ADHD symptoms after eating refined carbs? Totally not worth it.

One really great thing, however, that keeps me from "indulging" in a lot of old favorites is that I have clear memories of how they taste, and how they feel in my mouth. So when I look at those foods and imagine taking a bite, I remember what that's like--and what it's like is usually so repulsive I have no trouble refusing it. Turning down leftover Halloween candy was dead easy this year (okay, except for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, but I still did not weaken). Anything from a supermarket bakery? Eew! Deep-fried things? Yuck! If I just stop and recall the taste and mouthfeel, there is zero temptation.

Comment

Working...
                              X