No announcement yet.

Reasons Not To Fall Off The Primal Bandwagon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retaining water and having a hard time getting your underwear back on because your butt is so bloated.

Ok, that might be user-specific, but damn it, it's the truth!
    My diary comics
    My fitness inspiration blog

Comment

Originally posted by JackieKessler View Post
      Reason No. 6*: Non-homemade food tends to taste like crap.
      This is becoming more true for me also. I ordered a small baked good recently with my grocery order, and it was very disappointing. I think I might have liked it a lot a couple years ago.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by BrainInABody View Post
        Retaining water and having a hard time getting your underwear back on because your butt is so bloated.

Ok, that might be user-specific, but damn it, it's the truth!
        Hahaha, sadly, yes this happened to me this weekend.... Too much bread and other unmentionable things. Why do our butts get bloated!?

bloated, lazy, unmotivated, craving salad (oh yeah thats a good thing)
        "Never regret. If it's good, its wonderful. If it's bad its experience"
        -Victoria Hold
        F/Age 23 height 5' 3"
        HW 134
        CW 126
        GW 120

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
          This is becoming more true for me also. I ordered a small baked good recently with my grocery order, and it was very disappointing. I think I might have liked it a lot a couple years ago.
          Ditto. The only way I 'fall off the wagon' anymore is very fine milk chocolate and stuff from the french bakery that I hardly ever get to. Supermarket crap? So not worth it.
          Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

How about three days wasted because I ate some sourdough bread with a stew and then woke up the next day feeling terrible but still continued to eat crap. It reminded me of when I used to binge eat junk food and with each bite I would be thinking 'this will make me so unhealthy'. I seem to fall off the wagon slightly every two/three months, but its never worth it. Fortunately it never works out well, so I always get back on the wagon quite quickly.

I agree you should only fall off the wagon for something seriously special - so if you're going to eat a cake, actually go to Vienna
            Healthy is the new wealthy.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ances...handnutrition/

Comment

Interesting timing for this topic. I never thought I'd fall off the wagon, simply because I wasn't craving processed food or grains anymore.

But then we moved to a different state and ended up staying in a hotel for awhile where we didn't have any transportation for a week (we were going to borrow my mom's car for awhile, but as luck would have it, the brakes went out like the day before we got here). So we ended up living on delivery pizza and whatever we could buy from the local food and liquor store--which was a bit of a far walk for us. I ended up eating pb&j sandwiches and ramen as well. The only healthy stuff available was the free fruit from the lobby, which isn't very filling, so it's not like I could live on it.

I actually did enjoy the junk food, but I felt bloated and ... err ... spent a lot of time in the bathroom. Now we do have the car and I have much better food options, but now I'm craving sweets, and even things like toast with jam, like crazy. It's a pain. Doesn't help that my computer is set up in the dining area, so any bad stuff I'm craving is literally within arms reach when I'm at my computer =P
              My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
              (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
              Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
              (Red Dwarf)

Comment

Even at my new lower weight, I still have flab that I don't like. I would be so depressed and disgusted with myself if I went back up to my old weight, maybe 10 to 12 more than what I am now.

I always compare the primal discipline to AA. Abstinence from wheat has to be my mind-set. I have not cheated with cookies, cakes, or pasta once. I fear the slippery slope.

In the first few months of my journey, I read a post of some forum that said, "A monthly cheat becomes a weekly cheat becomes a daily cheat, and then you're back to where you started from." Those words stuck with me and helped me a lot.

Enjoy what you are allowed in primal.

Comment

Working...
                X