Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Birth control - success & failure stories with the "natural method"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth control - success & failure stories with the "natural method"?

I'm thinking to use fertility charting and the withdrawal method as my sole form of birth control. I'm wondering if people have tried this, how vigilant they were, and what the success / failure rate was?

Men and women alike - thanks for your input
    We were vigilant and we still got pregnant.
    6.67%
    We were vigilant and didnt have any "surprises"
    66.67%
    We were a bit careless but got away with it.
    13.33%
    We were lax and got pregnant.
    13.33%
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

fertility awareness is what we used. you must be totally in tune with how your body works. knowing the absolute signed of impending fertility is vital. thankfully, my fertility signs were undeniable. (some women show no signs of fertility, and in those cases, I'm not sure how it works). we would simply abstain for the week I knew I would ovulate and for 3 days after ovulation. worked perfectly. loved it.

Comment

I should say too. I had a month that I either misread my signs or something and did end up conceiving that month. which was fine but that my only 'mishap'

Comment

I think it's probably one of those things that works perfectly up until it doesn't work.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
          I think it's probably one of those things that works perfectly up until it doesn't work.

Sent via lightsaber
          Yeah, my next question to YogaBare was going to be what she thinks of being a mommy.

Comment

Old joke: You know what you call people who use the rhythm method? Parents.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Leave no doubt, just pull it out. Has worked 100% for me for many years with several partners.
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

That's what we've used for 6 years. No accidents, and we've gotten pregnant every time on the first try. He has to be down with pulling out, though.

Comment

does any man really need a better excuse to make face babies?

Comment

Jackson Pollock.

Comment

I know people are cynical about the natural method, which is why I started the thread. If it works for someone for 3 years, and then they get pregnant, it's still probably 99% effectiveness, right?

I've been fertility charting for a few months now, and it's amazing how well you begin to read your body... Surely your physical symptoms of fertility can be better prevention that some piece of copper inserted inside you?

Originally posted by quikky View Post
                      Yeah, my next question to YogaBare was going to be what she thinks of being a mommy.
                      Boyfriend: I hate condoms.
                      Yoga Bare: Well, I hate abortions.

Fortunately I've never been in the situation of being pregnant because I know that motherhood isnt for me.
                      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Originally posted by quikky View Post
                        Jackson Pollock.
                        great minds think alike

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                          does any man really need a better excuse to make face babies?
                          The amount of times I've had to google things you and RM write...

- Ray Peat

Comment

Make sure you image search that one with all filters turned off.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                              The amount of times I've had to google things you and RM write...
                              you know you love us

Comment

Working...
                              X