Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Birth control - success & failure stories with the "natural method"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I think this has to do with the man more than the method.
    My friend's boyfriend is too lazy to pull out, he says he will but then doesn't bother. So she went on the pill.
    I don't cum 90% of the time so me and my gf don't use contraception. However last time we did it I thought I leaked a small amount of ejaculate, which meant we had to spend $40 on the morning after pill.
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
      Really? Those things feel like a ZipLoc bag. At least latex stretches.
      yeah, while he had on the skyns i felt a loooooot of detail. the difference between wearing those and wearing none were surprisingly minimal
      beautiful
      yeah you are

      Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
        yeah, while he had on the skyns i felt a loooooot of detail. the difference between wearing those and wearing none were surprisingly minimal
        I meant that they feel plasticky to me and don't conform to the shape of the occupying member. On the other hand, I hate latex because it doesn't conduct heat well. I can live with lambskin when I have to, but they don't protect against HIV and are super spendy, not to mention that the very idea grosses some ladies out. I'll stick to leaving the scene of the crime until somebody comes up with a better barrier material.
        The Champagne of Beards

        Comment


        • #49
          I don't post much here, but I read a ton, and thought I'd comment on this since I've been using the fertility awareness method for something like 4 years now. After a double pulmonary embolism at age 20 from my birth control, I swore off hormones. I tried the copper IUD, but since they only offer one size in America (thanks), my nulliparous uterus couldn't handle the width of it, and I had it removed after three months of damned torture every single day due to cramping. I'm talking incapacitated, through my wedding, multiple auditions, school, job, you name it. There was no waiting it out for the recommended 6 month adjustment period.

          So we did condoms for a while, and that got real old, real fast. I've been using FAM, taking temps and monitoring cervical fluid and position, and when I'm fertile we either use condoms or pull-out. We've never had a problem, and another benefit of monitoring your cycle is that you'd know really early if you were pregnant, giving you plenty of time to, ah, do something about it. That being said, when husband and I started using FAM, we both made sure we were on the same page in case of an accident -- but if you're exchanging fluids with someone, you'd want to do that no matter what method of protection you were using.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
            I'll stick to leaving the scene of the crime until somebody comes up with a better barrier material.
            Crime? Bro, you gotta get consent to stick it!

            Sent via lightsaber

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
              I meant that they feel plasticky to me and don't conform to the shape of the occupying member. On the other hand, I hate latex because it doesn't conduct heat well. I can live with lambskin when I have to, but they don't protect against HIV and are super spendy, not to mention that the very idea grosses some ladies out. I'll stick to leaving the scene of the crime until somebody comes up with a better barrier material.
              they're letting you put the P in the V, and a little sheep intestine grosses them out?

              what about.. now hear me out here, hear me out... what about saran wrap

              Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
              Crime? Bro, you gotta get consent to stick it!

              Sent via lightsaber
              badum tssssss
              beautiful
              yeah you are

              Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Chanteuse View Post
                I don't post much here, but I read a ton, and thought I'd comment on this since I've been using the fertility awareness method for something like 4 years now. After a double pulmonary embolism at age 20 from my birth control, I swore off hormones. I tried the copper IUD, but since they only offer one size in America (thanks), my nulliparous uterus couldn't handle the width of it, and I had it removed after three months of damned torture every single day due to cramping. I'm talking incapacitated, through my wedding, multiple auditions, school, job, you name it. There was no waiting it out for the recommended 6 month adjustment period.

                So we did condoms for a while, and that got real old, real fast. I've been using FAM, taking temps and monitoring cervical fluid and position, and when I'm fertile we either use condoms or pull-out. We've never had a problem, and another benefit of monitoring your cycle is that you'd know really early if you were pregnant, giving you plenty of time to, ah, do something about it. That being said, when husband and I started using FAM, we both made sure we were on the same page in case of an accident -- but if you're exchanging fluids with someone, you'd want to do that no matter what method of protection you were using.
                THanks for posting this Chantuese! Really helpful info. Particularly that of the sizings. According to every partner I've been with, I'm exceptionally "narrow" down there, so I imagine this could be a problem.

                Originally posted by AMonkey View Post
                I think this has to do with the man more than the method.
                Very good point.

                I will direct Yoga Guy to Mr. Mahogany for tips
                Last edited by YogaBare; 11-07-2013, 09:28 AM.
                "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

                In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

                - Ray Peat

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                  THanks for posting this Chantuese! Really helpful info. Particularly that of the sizings. According to every partner I've been with, I'm exceptionally "narrow" down there, so I imagine this could be a problem.



                  Very good point.

                  I will direct Yoga Guy to Mr. Mahogany for tips
                  I think I'll ask the SO if she'd be interested in copper IUD's. Sounds kind of painful though, giving you inflamed tissue. Makes me wonder if various anti-inflamitories would reduce it's effectiveness...

                  It's one of those things you need to try. I know they don't like them for women who never had kids, but I've never had kids. I'm sure some people have bad reactions and that would suck. But when it works it's 12 plus years of very convenient birth control that doesn't fuck with your hormones that you don't notice at all. There is no stress about leaks, no having to deal with condoms and you can have sex whenever. Plus if you hate going to the MD, you don't have to go every year for an annual.

                  I have no idea why they don't do more with it, though I imagine it's not profitable. $800 for birth control that lasts 12 years comes out to $66 a year, which is cheap, LOL.

                  http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                  Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    The SO says she'll think about it, as she claims she's not fond of having something wedged up there. $800's a bit steep at the moment, but not for much longer.

                    M.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by MEversbergII View Post
                      The SO says she'll think about it, as she claims she's not fond of having something wedged up there. $800's a bit steep at the moment, but not for much longer.

                      M.
                      I don't know what your insurance situation is/will be, but it was covered 100% by mine. Planned Parenthood told me it would be $750 if I paid for it outside of insurance.
                      Depression Lies

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Okay I'm surprised by the amount of people speaking positively of these fertility awareness methods. Could those of you that have found success please give some advice or reading material for me and my gf? She refuses to take pills or an IUD which I can understand. I don't like condoms and would love to shoot inside her.
                        http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by AMonkey View Post
                          Okay I'm surprised by the amount of people speaking positively of these fertility awareness methods. Could those of you that have found success please give some advice or reading material for me and my gf? She refuses to take pills or an IUD which I can understand. I don't like condoms and would love to shoot inside her.
                          I know.. the more I read into fertility awareness, the more I wonder if the success of the natural method has been suppressed due to the contraception industry. There's a lot money to be made...

                          Tracking your body seems so straight forward and if you do it well, I cant see how it would be less than 99% effective.

                          Some links for you:

                          This is the main one I've used for info: Books about Fertility Awareness and Natural Family Planning by Katie Singer

                          Stop taking the Pill

                          This is a little machine you can use to gage fertility: https://www.lady-comp.co.uk
                          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

                          In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

                          - Ray Peat

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by AMonkey View Post
                            Okay I'm surprised by the amount of people speaking positively of these fertility awareness methods. Could those of you that have found success please give some advice or reading material for me and my gf? She refuses to take pills or an IUD which I can understand. I don't like condoms and would love to shoot inside her.
                            "Taking charge of your fertility" by Toni Weschler is the epic tome on this subject. There's also software (free trial included w/ the book) to help you chart, but we didn't use it much...

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              All these reports about the fertility awareness method seem positive. I can vouch for the fact that vigilance is the key to this method, but maintaining that level of vigilance can be tough especially when life gets tough... a new job with two-hour stressful commute was my downfall, but by the time I realised that I'd stopped paying attention, it was too late. I was fairly sure that I'd want children one day, but that day came a lot sooner than expected. He is 14 now.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by poing View Post
                                All these reports about the fertility awareness method seem positive. I can vouch for the fact that vigilance is the key to this method, but maintaining that level of vigilance can be tough especially when life gets tough... a new job with two-hour stressful commute was my downfall, but by the time I realised that I'd stopped paying attention, it was too late. I was fairly sure that I'd want children one day, but that day came a lot sooner than expected. He is 14 now.
                                this is true….in times of increased stress, as a defense mechanism, our bodies will delay ovulation to protect a potential conception. in these cases, it's even more vital to understand your body. and that's why relying on 'the rhythm' method….the premise of abstaining on day 14…is NOT fertility awareness. i ovulate anywhere between days 14-18. if i only had abstained on day 14, i would have way more than 4 kids!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X