• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinkie TOTALLY makes me smile.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
      1) I woke up this morning to our first dusting of snow. Took the horse out at dawn in the frigid weather. When she walked over to get saddled she kept staring at me. It was there....

2) Had a patient tell me I was the best doc they had ever had. She was in her 60s, had been very sick, was in the hospital due to diabetic coma 2 years ago and nearly died....she has lost 155lbs. Her name is Rita, and she is one of the toughest humans I've ever met. When she hugged me today, it was there....

3) I saw another man, his wife with Alzheimers, and watched him take her to their car after their appointment. I realized that at his age, and him mentioning they were married at 17, he had been with that woman for twice as long as I had been alive. It was REALLY there....

I think that the world is so full of beauty I can hardly stand it sometimes. That's the reality.
      That's amazing, Laz! Really struck me and made me smile. It must be amazing to be able to help people in such a profound way.
      (and then I read the boys poetry... )

Comment

This guy makes me smle..... not really.. I laugh my fat azz off....

Comment

Being with friends who seem to genuinely appreciate you.

T.

Comment

lolz at "friends". THAT earns a smile.
            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Last night, an old friend came over with his family for a visit; I have not seen him since my wedding, after which he moved to Arizona, where him and his wife had 2 kids I never met until last night.

So the kids and wife are sitting in the living room, and I'm in the kitchen smoking a cigarette with him by the back door, and his son, 6 years old, comes in smiling and says, "I gave the cat some cat food!" holding aloft a plastic baggy. I forgot that I keep my stems in a bag in the box of cat toys, and he was feeding the kitten stems lol
              "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

Waking up with my husband buried in his pillow/blanket cave next to me. The sleepy sounds of protest he makes when I crawl out of bed.

Waking up and seeing the cat hop off the bed from where she was curled against my butt as soon as the alarm goes off. Time to eat!

After cursing, I smile at tripping over the cat as she begs for food.

The prospect of seeing a long-missed friend this weekend, a friend who travels to see me, and all of my close friends for booze and debauchery. Realizing I am well-loved.
                Depression Lies

Comment

It always makes me smile to hear about other people loving a cat lol
                  "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Comment

How could this not make me smile?

Hulky found her hiding under the blankets (this is rare).

Sick Hulky & sleepy cat.

You leave out the laundry and the cat will come. I showered, leaving the bag in the hall to put away as I went to bed, & opened the door to find this.
                    Depression Lies

Comment

I smiled when I found out my husband weaseled his way out of going out of town next week.
                      I smiled when I found out spending Halloween with my was one of the main reasons he didn't want to go out of town.
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

wtf is Hulky?? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
                          wtf is Hulky?? lol
                          Online "alias" and also real-life nickname for my husband. It comes from his (now our) last name & his love of the Incredible Hulk.
                          Depression Lies

Comment

Watching my 5-year-old Golden Retriever play oh-so-gently with a much smaller puppy! And letting the puppy "win"!

Comment

awww! I wish our cats were warmer to our new kitten. One has started playing with him and it makes me cry to watch.

Comment

Hello Mr Perfidy Sir..........what is a stem??????? Gwamma is thinking something ones smokes??????

What makes Gwamma smile............sitting in the sun on a beautiful morning drinking coffee

Giving. I absolutely love giving........
                                "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

Working...
                                X