Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook status update :(

One of my FB friends:

Day 1 of healthy grazing (eating 5-6 "meals" a day) and I'm sitting at roughly 133% of my RDA for fiber and 257% of my RDA for sugar, thanks to all that fruit...and I'm only three meals in. Woof.
    I'm tweaking my eating habits a bit and seeing how it affects my running performance...and I'm also trying to be a bit more diligent about tracking what I actually eat (I use the Livestrong iPhone app for that). Counting calories is the easy part - it's the numbers for things like sugar and fiber and protein that I seem to consistently exceed...but I'm eating undeniably healthy things. Guess we'll see what happens.
    I decided to live and let live
    ad astra per aspera

I know - I hate it when you feel like you could potentially help someone, but must bite your tongue and let them find their own path!

Comment

Sugar...I...consistently exceed...but I'm eating undeniably healthy things...
      "Undeniably healthy". Nobody in the world could deny that high-sugar fruit is healthy, eh? Will he indeed see what happens... or will he see only what he wants or expects to see? Never mind, I can't criticize. I bought into that lifestyle myself for a long time. Without MDA I'd probably still be making massive fruit smoothies every night and wondering why non-stop exercise couldn't budge my weight.

Let a thousand flowers bloom. Just be sure your own flower blooms brightest of all.

Comment

that's just so sad
        Female, 53 y.o. 195 lbs 2/15, 148 lbs 02/16. Goal wt < 140 lbs.
        Journal link: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread115661.html
        http://paleotrack.com/j/GtjBV4YJ

Comment

more gems from same lady:

is going to make the most of the rest day by (a) participating in a KU Med study on lower leg pain in distance runners, and (b) making a salmon salad for dinner!
          was reading the new issue of Runner's World Magazine last night, which discouraged wearing heels while training for a marathon. Sigh.
          Icing after a fast 4.7 [miles] and realizing if I'm going to treat the shredded parmesan cheese like an actual meal, I have to count it as a meal. Heh.

COULD THESE BE ANYMORE BAITING? XD
          Last edited by TheFastCat; 05-12-2010, 02:42 PM. Reason: formatting
          ad astra per aspera

Comment

Mess with her. Ask her if the salmon is wild caught.
            .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
            ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

lost 2 pounds last week, which translates into roughly 1:45 off my marathon time - yay! Also getting ready to lose another toenail (it's a lovely shade of purple right now) which translates into roughly 2 more months of embarrassment in flip-flops and open-toed shoes.
              She needs an ultimate Grok-over
              ad astra per aspera

Comment

I can't imagine any sport that results in the loss of body parts being good for you.
                SW: 235
                CW:220
                Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
                Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
                Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
                Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Comment

Haha, I have a toenail that's about ready to fall off, but from mountaineering, not running. Somehow footwear seems necessary in sports that involve extended treks over snowy/glaciated terrain.
                  I don't even care about how my toe looks though. I'll wear sandals/go barefoot and if people have a problem with it... well I'll tell 'em exactly where they can shove their complaints
                  Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TheFastCat View Post
                    She needs an ultimate Grok-over
                    She's running from something, that's for sure.
                    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

I always mess with my crazy marathon running friends' FB status updates by asking what they're running away from!

Comment

Originally posted by AmyMac703 View Post
                        Haha, I have a toenail that's about ready to fall off, but from mountaineering, not running. Somehow footwear seems necessary in sports that involve extended treks over snowy/glaciated terrain.
                        I don't even care about how my toe looks though. I'll wear sandals/go barefoot and if people have a problem with it... well I'll tell 'em exactly where they can shove their complaints
                        Like the attitude!
                        You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

Working...
                        X