Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does it take MEN so long to grow up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would I grow up? Being grown up seems to mean being a boring old fart.
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

Lack of war. War makes boys grow up real fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
        Lack of war. War makes boys grow up real fast.
        So true.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by AMonkey View Post
          Why would I grow up? Being grown up seems to mean being a boring old fart.
          Why do people shy from responsibility for fear of losing humor? Clearly, they've never had to shoulder much responsibility, and Zach duly noted that war is one way of doing this.

Comment

It doesn't just feel ridiculous to you to type that out and then press Reply?
            "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

Why should we grow up? Men or women? Isn't play one of the basic principals of the Primal Blueprint? Isn't play that much better when we do it with child-like attitudes? Playing pool isn't play, rolling around in the mud wrestling is play. Something that children will do as will adults if they have not lost that child-like ability to enjoy themselves.

Growing up is highly overrated.

As to fart jokes, here is one for the old men on the forum (not me).

Rules of being an old man

Never pass a bathroom

Never trust a fart

Never waste an erection

Randal
              AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
              Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
              http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

Originally posted by texas.grok View Post
                Why should we grow up? Men or women? Isn't play one of the basic principals of the Primal Blueprint? Isn't play that much better when we do it with child-like attitudes? Playing pool isn't play, rolling around in the mud wrestling is play. Something that children will do as will adults if they have not lost that child-like ability to enjoy themselves.

Growing up is highly overrated.

As to fart jokes, here is one for the old men on the forum (not me).

Rules of being an old man

Never pass a bathroom

Never trust a fart

Never waste an erection

growing up is waaaaaaay over rated.....

as to your joke, amen, amen and AMEN!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]13850[/ATTACH]

It doesn't just feel ridiculous to you to type that out and then press Reply?
                  "Grown up"

grown-up
                  adjective
                  1.adult.
                  https://encrypted.google.com/#q=grown+up+definition

It means to be an adult. Let's look at an antonym now, for better clarity.

im·ma·ture
                  ˌiməˈCHo͝or,-ˈt(y)o͝or/
                  adjective
                  1.not fully developed.
                  https://encrypted.google.com/#q=immature

What would an adult have, that's developed, that kid wouldn't? Physically, maturity is marked by a completion of puberty. Socially, maturity is marked by having a productive and valuable role in society, which is the same thing as responsibility.

So can you be mature physically, responsible socially, and still have a sense of humor? If so, maybe maturity is not a good way to express a sense of humor, which can also extend into physical playfulness.

Playfulness and maturity are entirely orthogonal.

Comment

I like a fart joke, especially if it's a bit shit..

Comment

As seen on many bathroom walls:

Here I sit broken hearted had to sh*t and only farted.
                      Then, one day, I took a chance, tried to fart and sh*t my pants.
                      Last edited by Rusty; 10-16-2013, 07:49 AM. Reason: not proof reading

Comment

The longer time a man use to grow up the riper he will become, so I expect to peak around seventy or thereabout…
                        "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

I love to fart! No, wait, uh, sorry yeah I like fart jokes!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
                            You are not looking deeply enough into it; why is there fiscal responsibility? Nothing about the planet earth or our biology makes payment in coin or paying rent to land-owners inevitable or necessary? The dynamic that we are illuminating creates the conditions that impose fiscal responsibility.
                            That's exactly why. We created (or our fore bearers) created this system. That's why you have a responsibility to do it. It's a reality of our current society. There aren't many who can live outside this. But even they have to get up and take some responsibility. If they want any reasonable quality of life.

We learn these things at an early age from our mothers as they are most likely to be the ones caring for us. As we grown and your roles may become more gender specific (not so much no as in the past) we would learn from the appropriate adult. Left to our own devices as children most people wouldn't learn anything. Like those feral kids your read about now and then who are 10 or so and have never had schooling and live in squalor.

Earning and using money is a fact of life for most people.
                            I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Comment

Hubby and son never have liked burp or fart (with exception of a whoopie cushion) jokes, but they both have a good sense of humor. They love playing tricks on people. Once when my son was about 4 we visited my brother for dinner, all evening long my brother and son played tricks on each other, before we left my son did something and didn't tell anyone; he put a grape in each of my brother's shoes. We got a call pretty early the next morning.
                              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                                As seen on many bathroom walls:

Here I sit broken hearted had to sh*t and only farted.
                                Then, one day, I took a chance, tried to fart and sh*t my pants.
                                Hahahaha, I've never heard the second line before .
                                In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

Working...
                                X