Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does it take MEN so long to grow up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm ahead of my time lol. In a hundred years people are going to pay good money for a glimpse of my heresies that the Oligarchs scrubbed from the internet.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
      Conformist wives are ruling class agents whose status-appetites and fear of exclusion from "legitimate" society serve to enforce cultural behaviors sanctioned by the ruling classes.
      *makes farting noise*
      Giggle
      I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Comment

I actually think that laughing at farts is a normal property of normally adjusted mankind, and that such laughter is an evolutionary mechanism by which we are protected from the physiologically debilitating effects of boredom.
        "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
          Fart jokes are okay. It's the 3 Stooges that I just can't stand. They're like some kind of magnet for men. I never understood the attraction.
          What? 3 Stooges Rule!
          Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I was only ever in the room with 1 Three Stooges fan as a child, and he hyped it like it was the greatest thing ever, but couldn't actually sit through more than a few minutes. It's not even real enjoyment, just nostalgia longing.

Comment

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
              What exactly is a fart joke?
              Coffee came right out my nose on that one...
              Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

I am immature. Church laughter regarding farts is some of the best church laughter ever.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                  I'm 31. I still love fart jokes. WTF?
                  I think you must be right. I'm sure we don't. Vide: two Scotsmen who've nothing better to do than chase a poor rabbit in a car.

No, not "a rabbit in a car". Rabbits can't drive: it's the men in the car:

Watch hilarious video as bunny refuses to shift out of vehicle's way on Scottish road - Daily Record

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
                    Conformist wives are ruling class agents whose status-appetites and fear of exclusion from "legitimate" society serve to enforce cultural behaviors sanctioned by the ruling classes.
                    Ever see A Boy and His Dog with Don Johnson? I think it's kind of a Thelma and Louise for dudes.

Comment

nah I just hate going to work and know that doing so only ever happens because women demand it. Charles Manson is actually what made me first able to frame it that way, when he said that first your mother wakes you up in the morning and makes you go off to school like a good son, and then your wife takes over and wakes you up and makes you go to work like a good husband,

Comment

If your momma didn't wake you up for school you'd likely end up a complete dumbass.

And the fact that you have fiscal responsibility should be enough to get you out of bed.
                        I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Comment

You are not looking deeply enough into it; why is there fiscal responsibility? Nothing about the planet earth or our biology makes payment in coin or paying rent to land-owners inevitable or necessary? The dynamic that we are illuminating creates the conditions that impose fiscal responsibility.

Comment

It's because there's only one 'mum' in the house. Men don't *have* to grow up. Their wife does it for them....

Fun story: My wife was going out for the evening last week, which came as a rude surprise to my 4yo son as he was getting ready for bed. First he forbade her to go out, then when that didn't work he 'told on her' to me (presumably so I would forbid her to go out) and then finally finished by saying 'I guess dad has to be the mum tonight then'.
                            Last edited by magicmerl; 10-15-2013, 04:41 PM.
                            Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                            5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                            Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                            TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                            bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Intriguing...

That his first response was to assert command over her, and then to appeal to a stronger male to do so on his behalf.

haha Derp you hearing this?

Comment

You are not looking deeply enough into it; why is there fiscal responsibility? Nothing about the planet earth or our biology makes payment in coin or paying rent to land-owners inevitable or necessary? The dynamic that we are illuminating creates the conditions that impose fiscal responsibility.
                                This for sure. I've never stopped asking WHY we use something as stupid as currency and fake economies built on projected profits that aren't coming because nobody is producing anything. It's like investing in a collapsing bridge held by strangers. What happened to the HG life? We need more of that! With medicine...a little medicine.
                                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Working...
                                X