Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naked and Afraid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Naked and Afraid

    Has anyone else watched this show? The premise is pretty much contestant stripping down naked and walking out into the bush somewhere to see if you can survive for 3 weeks. It's two contestants that work together as a team that meet each other for the first time with out a stitch of clothing on but they're allowed to bring one item they can use for survival.

    Last night the two contestants were ,I think, in a Louisiana swamp for 21 days trying to survive. On the last day they had to swim through alligator infested water to get to the helicopter pick up point.

    HELL NO!!!!

  • #2
    i haven't watched it, but all i can think of when i hear about it are all the ticks in all their crotches

    having my delicate areas bare in the wild does not sound like an exhilarating time
    beautiful
    yeah you are

    Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

    Comment


    • #3
      I watched almost all of the episodes. The one where they were in Costa Rica was worse. The producer had been bitten by a fer-de-lance snake prior to the shoot.

      I enjoyed the show much more than I thought I would. The survival skills were cool, but I was fascinated by the dynamic that developed between the couples. In every case except one, I thought the men acted like macho whiny babies. The women had to coddle their egos to keep the guy's spirits up. The women were more mentally tough, but they couldn't do everything and the men required careful encouragement.

      It was also interesting to see how their bodies changed as a result of the rapid weight loss.
      As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jennifla View Post
        The survival skills were cool, but I was fascinated by the dynamic that developed between the couples. In every case except one, I thought the men acted like macho whiny babies. The women had to coddle their egos to keep the guy's spirits up. The women were more mentally tough, but they couldn't do everything and the men required careful encouragement.
        Lol, I don't know why this amuses me so much. Now I'm going to have to track this show down.
        50yo, 5'3"
        SW-195
        CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
        GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

        Comment


        • #5
          Yeah, me too. You had me at ticks in the crotch.
          I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jennifla View Post
            I watched almost all of the episodes. The one where they were in Costa Rica was worse. The producer had been bitten by a fer-de-lance snake prior to the shoot.

            I enjoyed the show much more than I thought I would. The survival skills were cool, but I was fascinated by the dynamic that developed between the couples. In every case except one, I thought the men acted like macho whiny babies. The women had to coddle their egos to keep the guy's spirits up. The women were more mentally tough, but they couldn't do everything and the men required careful encouragement.

            It was also interesting to see how their bodies changed as a result of the rapid weight loss.
            I've watched that one too. It looked pretty brutal. That's the one that she got good poisoning from eating a turtle and he drank bad water right? And yes I have to admit he really was pretty whiny but did you see his sun burn!?!? Oh my god!

            Comment


            • #7
              I was surprised how much I liked it. Thought it would be like a naked version of survivor, but really it's pretty intense. I haven't seen the one in the swamps yet, but I can't imagine I could do that one - I could NEVER sleep like that.

              The part that always jumps out at me is how quickly lack of shoes becomes a huge issue. I would never have thought of feet as a big player, but I can imagine it now.
              Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

              http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jammies View Post
                I was surprised how much I liked it. Thought it would be like a naked version of survivor, but really it's pretty intense. I haven't seen the one in the swamps yet, but I can't imagine I could do that one - I could NEVER sleep like that.

                The part that always jumps out at me is how quickly lack of shoes becomes a huge issue. I would never have thought of feet as a big player, but I can imagine it now.
                That would be he first thing I would do. Fashion shoes somehow. Then at least you can move quickly when you need to.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The guy with the sunburn who drank bad water was with the amazing surfer chick who always had a cool hat or bag woven from palm fronds. They were on an island in the Maldives. He did have a lot to cope with, so I can't fault him too much. But they had all those coconuts they could drink from, and he wanted to dig for groundwater, and it made him sick.

                  The girl who got sick from eating the turtle was in Costa Rica. She had the most difficult partner. That guy was borderline psycho, and she tended to make him mad by commenting on the small size of his prey.
                  As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jennifla View Post
                    The guy with the sunburn who drank bad water was with the amazing surfer chick who always had a cool hat or bag woven from palm fronds. They were on an island in the Maldives. He did have a lot to cope with, so I can't fault him too much. But they had all those coconuts they could drink from, and he wanted to dig for groundwater, and it made him sick.

                    The girl who got sick from eating the turtle was in Costa Rica. She had the most difficult partner. That guy was borderline psycho, and she tended to make him mad by commenting on the small size of his prey.
                    Everyone knows you're not supposed to comment if a man has small prey.
                    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                    B*tch-lite

                    Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jennifla View Post
                      The guy with the sunburn who drank bad water was with the amazing surfer chick who always had a cool hat or bag woven from palm fronds. They were on an island in the Maldives. He did have a lot to cope with, so I can't fault him too much. But they had all those coconuts they could drink from, and he wanted to dig for groundwater, and it made him sick.

                      The girl who got sick from eating the turtle was in Costa Rica. She had the most difficult partner. That guy was borderline psycho, and she tended to make him mad by commenting on the small size of his prey.
                      I wanted so badly to call that guy a wimp about that sunburn, but I got one of those whole body severe sunburns once. It was really brutal. I was miserable. I don't know if i was miserable enough to act the way he did, but at least to have some sympathy!!
                      Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

                      http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The first episode is on the Dutch tv right now... It's better tv then I expected. It's the Tanzania one... very interesting
                        My story, My thought....

                        It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I want them to do that show with some people that actually have some experience in living off the land.....get ordinary people, with one BIG change: They do to the show in somewhere similar to their local area.

                          I would love to have some cameras follow me around for a few days in say, the North Woods in VT or Maine. Get me a smoking hot backwoods woman (there are few, but NOTHING comes close if you find one!) to help boost ratings.

                          I want to see a grown man kill a turkey with a spear and grill it on a fire spit buck naked. I want to see rain dancing around a campfire. Sleeping in trees so you don't get eaten by bears.

                          I volunteer myself for this position. I will make a loin cloth from its feathers, to keep the kids tuned in
                          "The soul that does not attempt flight; does not notice its chains."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I want them to do that show with some people that actually have some experience in living off the land.....get ordinary people, with one BIG change: They do to the show in somewhere similar to their local area.

                            I would love to have some cameras follow me around for a few days in say, the North Woods in VT or Maine. Get me a smoking hot backwoods woman (there are few, but NOTHING comes close if you find one!) to help boost ratings.

                            I want to see a grown man kill a turkey with a spear and grill it on a fire spit buck naked. I want to see rain dancing around a campfire. Sleeping in trees so you don't get eaten by bears.

                            I volunteer myself for this position. I will make a loin cloth from its feathers, to keep the kids tuned in
                            "The soul that does not attempt flight; does not notice its chains."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              That's funny, I've been considering making spears and training with them for the hell of it. I have way too much time on my hands.

                              The show gave me so much appreciation for the hardship of living in the wild. Granted, those on the show were people without substantial local knowledge. Growing up in a relatively stable tribe with established shelters, or established practices of making shelters if semi-nomadic, knowing the hunting, fishing, and grazing grounds, would be easy by comparison. But long-term migration into unknown territory, requiring continual adaptation to new terrain, climate, flora and fauna, with little children in tow, required remarkable toughness and resilience. I have a great deal of respect for our ancestors.
                              As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X