This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
    I never went looking for anything. I literally stumbled across PB while googling pink slime and soy. It makes sense. Meat/animals; veggies; a side of fruit/tubers. I learned about wheat. About crap oils.

I've lived in my body for 58 years. There's not a doctor, guru, bodybuilder, etc., that can tell me that my experience with this body is anything but observable. I don't care if one other person on the planet agrees with me. I neither need nor want a guru. Primal makes sense to me. If eating CAFO gelatin and bpa canned smoked oysters on cottage cheese makes sense to you, then by all means, eat it. It sounds like eating shit to me.
    Nice strawman.

Gelatin - eat great lakes then? I like saving money, there is no fat in gelatin, so it makes literally zero difference for ground hooves
    Oysters - eat oysters not in a can? BPA is meaningless, we're fucked anyway. Most Plastic Products Release Estrogenic Chemicals: A Potential Health Problem That Can Be Solved
    "Almost all commercially available plastic products we sampled—independent of the type of resin, product, or retail source—leached chemicals having reliably detectable [estrogenic activity], including those advertised as BPA free. In some cases, BPA-free products released chemicals having more [estrogenic activity] than did BPA-containing products."
    cottage cheese - what the hell is wrong with cottage cheese?

You also forgot all the fruit, liver, and other nutrient dense foods too. Convenient, I guess, if you want to slander someone. I'd wager my nutrients vs yours any day of the week.

this is stupid though, there has been enough of these worthless arguments, so I'm backing out rather than rehashing another one even if that is your goal.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 10-05-2013, 05:25 PM.
    Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by jmallen5 View Post
      Much for the better I must say. When I first started here, this place was crawling with trolls and obscenities to the point that I quit visiting the forum. My wife has decided to go paleo, so I thought I'd check here to find her some tips and recipes. I read several threads and immediately wondered where all the jerks and trolls went, then I noticed the sticky about the forum etiquette. As a mod for a large forum myself, I wanted to let the mods and administration here know that I'm impressed with the work they've done, and are doing. I'm looking forward to spending more time and contributing to the discussions here.
      Its in no way due to the mod. That sticky was only added in response to ONE thread at ONE time. I have seen nothing like it before or since. Basically this forum is what it has been pre-sticky and with very little to no moderation.

After posting this I went and read some other responses..... lol. What I'm driving at, and what nerve you may have hit is that we here (most of us) have been rather proud of a site that does not rely on heavy moderation to keep the pleebs in check. It was/is a good open format that relies on the posters to moderate themselves without turning into a nanny site. Thats all. The one thread I mentioned was an anomaly and rather sad. In response to that a sticky was made and that thread was locked.
      Last edited by Neckhammer; 10-05-2013, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jammies View Post
        I enjoyed this forum the most around 2011-2012. There is still a lot of great stuff to be found here, but the most vocal in the group these days are people who are not primal or paleo. I don't think everyone needs to follow the same path the health, but no deep discussions can occur on topics regarding paleo or primal now because everything is quickly taken over by the non-paleo people.

I am glad the forum is not heavily moderated. But I do wish there was a board for new people that IS moderated where only advice that falls somewhere within the realm of paleo or primal can be posted. If this was the forum I came to when I started I never would have been so successful with this way of eating. It saddens me that people may not get a real try at primal eating.
        This is how I feel too...I don't refer newbie's here any more due to all the non-primal stuff on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
          Very cult like response. As long as you ignore the person doing the same thing above me.

My original posts were satirical.
          And I was trying to be humorous. I guess we both missed.
          Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Originally posted by rockrunner View Post
            This is how I feel too...I don't refer newbie's here any more due to all the non-primal stuff on the forum.
            Such babies.

We only post in threads where people are struggling with primal. You will never find a single post of mine in a thread thats dedicated to the primal/paleo lifestyle. Its not our fault if so many "newbies" have issues on the supposed original human diet and find relief in a more scientific based way of eating.

Comment

I just find it ironic that all negativity and aggression on this forum never gets initiated by any of the 'non-primal trolls'.
              This thread in particular is a perfect example.

Comment

Originally posted by Graycat View Post
                I just find it ironic that all negativity and aggression on this forum never gets initiated by any of the 'non-primal trolls'.
                This thread in particular is a perfect example.
                Its called being butt hurt.

Comment

Wah wah wah. Zach is love. Peat is love. Wah wah wah.
                  Fixed that for you.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Why are you misquoting me by making this up?? I don't care, just don't get it.

Comment

Why are you misquoting me by making this up?? I don't care, just don't get it.
                      Hey Einstein, generally when someone says, "fixed that for you," it means they changed the quote. Humorless people are also generally toward the left of the bell curve. Try not to hurt yourself.
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I don't understand the high sugar/candy brigade either. If it works for them sure, create a forum for it and crack on, but it is in no way Primal so why come to a primal forum?
                        Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                        PS
                        Don't forget to play!

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                          Hey Einstein, generally when someone says, "fixed that for you," it means they changed the quote. Humorless people are also generally toward the left of the bell curve. Try not to hurt yourself.
                          I know that. I just don't understand why you are doing it in the first place.

Comment

Low carbs, too much steak- and eggs makes people grumpy, ill-humored and agressive that's a fact! Just take this notorious low carbs guy as an example;

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
                              I don't understand the high sugar/candy brigade either. If it works for them sure, create a forum for it and crack on, but it is in no way Primal so why come to a primal forum?
                              I think trolls just hang out here because its lightly moderated...for better or worse that's the way it is....I'm not against that either...its just newbie's don't know that.

Comment

Originally posted by rockrunner View Post
                                I think trolls just hang out here because its lightly moderated...for better or worse that's the way it is....I'm not against that either...its just newbie's don't know that.
                                I hear ya, what is funny it was so obvious from the first posts.....ah well eat clean and eat primal.
                                Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                                PS
                                Don't forget to play!

Comment

Working...
                                X