This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
    You know that freddy kreuger triumph laugh? Like WAAAHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA?

Thats me right now
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• I am baking some bread right now

PS: gluten-free bien-sr. Not primal but I am French in my cooking, that's good enough

Comment

primal does not suck at all

when you actually do it, you feel pretty great
        How come you dont feel great then?

Comment

• Because i eat flour when im sad and ive been sad a lot lately
          beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
            ;-(
            =P
            My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
            (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
            Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
            (Red Dwarf)

Comment

Because i eat flour when im sad and ive been sad a lot lately

Comment

• Is okay
                beautiful
                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                lol

Comment

Because i eat flour when im sad and ive been sad a lot lately
                  Hugs.

:-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                  ------
                  HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Thanks, im okay you guise
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

lol

Comment

• I don't believe anyone gets sick from Primal. I don't care what anyone posts, it's essentially a healthy approach.

I do believe some people won't lose weight. For two reasons. One is that if a person eats emotionally, they can easily overeat on Primal and any other "diet." Two, if they come here to the forums, half the people will tell them to eat more, which is the farking meanest thing I've ever read as advice to someone overweight.

I also believe that people can get sick tweaking primal in a way that isn't healthy. Ooh, lowering my carbs is good, so cutting them out would be better - that's one way. OMG, I'm a perfectionist, so everytime I eat something non-Primal, I'm miserable - that's another way. Or even the eat moar fat group - more fat makes some people fat and it makes some people get the raging sh*ts.

But as written, it's a pretty logical way to eat. When I read Mark's sample low carb menu, the only tweak I had to make was calorically because I'm not male, and I'm not as active as he. If you eat meat and fish, unless you concentrate on boneless, skinless chicken breasts and white fish, you're going to get a healthy amount of fat without adding much.

But getting sick when essentially every animal and plant on the planet is fair game except grains and legumes? Sorry, but folks will have to sell that lie to someone who is not me.
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                        I don't believe anyone gets sick from Primal. I don't care what anyone posts, it's essentially a healthy approach.

I do believe some people won't lose weight. For two reasons. One is that if a person eats emotionally, they can easily overeat on Primal and any other "diet." Two, if they come here to the forums, half the people will tell them to eat more, which is the farking meanest thing I've ever read as advice to someone overweight.

I also believe that people can get sick tweaking primal in a way that isn't healthy. Ooh, lowering my carbs is good, so cutting them out would be better - that's one way. OMG, I'm a perfectionist, so everytime I eat something non-Primal, I'm miserable - that's another way. Or even the eat moar fat group - more fat makes some people fat and it makes some people get the raging sh*ts.

But as written, it's a pretty logical way to eat. When I read Mark's sample low carb menu, the only tweak I had to make was calorically because I'm not male, and I'm not as active as he. If you eat meat and fish, unless you concentrate on boneless, skinless chicken breasts and white fish, you're going to get a healthy amount of fat without adding much.

But getting sick when essentially every animal and plant on the planet is fair game except grains and legumes? Sorry, but folks will have to sell that lie to someone who is not me.
                        I have missed the posts where people get sick on Primal but I do find it funny if people are now claiming gummie bears are better than whole foods.
                        Your post is 100% spot on - Especially when you consider the bulk of your plate is all that veg!
                        Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                        PS
                        Don't forget to play!

Comment

• The only thing wrong with Primal is the psuedoscience behind the carb curve and how it nudges towards avoiding carbs, which just encourages paranoia and unhealthy relationships with a macronutrient. It's not a bad protocol; it's not unhealthy in context, and can (and does) make people very healthy and vibrant. It's essentially a whole foods diet with restrictions, like every other diet plan. No surprise there. No one has ever become unhealthy from eating whole foods, but perhaps from eating too much of things that aren't compatible with them or too little of certain things. An entire diet isn't usually the problem; problems lie in the individual variables.

One of the most annoying platitudes passed around this forum is the presumption that all newbies are 1) incapable of using reason; 2) representative of the typical Primal follower (the forums have a few hundred posters but there are millions of Primal subscribers); and 3) vulnerable. They are not newborns. They are almost always adults and I find it highly inappropriate to talk about them like they aren't even present half of the time and the other half of the time as if they are brainless. I'd wager that most have probably done a lot of experimentation and research before arriving here and don't appreciate being handled like voiceless toddlers. Allow people to make their own decisions. Newcomer does not equal incompetent and off-Primal advice does not equal bad.

Some are hellbent on being Primal nannies. It's not even cute.
                          | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

Comment

• Jesus, who cares? Stop talking about this nonsense already. People who follow a primal diet must not have anything more exciting to talk about than food politics. It's starting to sound ridiculous. If your advice and way of eating are so great, as you claim, then it'll speak for itself. I don't think Mark Sisson needs a horde of goons to instill his great doctrine in all the poor newbies. He doesn't even care about people eating "gummy bears"(this Paleobird strawman is still kickin'), so why do you? I haven't posted a single thing in your precious newbie question threads, so, really, stop beating this dead horse and just embrace your inner predator and eat it already. Then you can eat the horse food it left behind in your Big Ass Salad.

Why is this topic even still here?
                            Make America Great Again

Comment

• Pot, kettle, black.
                              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• lol I don't give a crap what someone else eats, and haven't bothered debating the sugar thing in months. When I debate it was against disinformation, not to convert someone into a sugar consumer. People need to take responsibility for themselves.
                                Make America Great Again

Comment

Working...
                                X