X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Misabi View Post
    It was Monday here by the time you posted this

Good luck with getting back to work. Now that situation looks like a total clusterfwck from to us outsiders.
    Thanks but I am working. They are just going to pay us later. I am not one of the lucky ones getting a free paid vacation. Not that I am bitter...okay, maybe a little.

Comment

• I guess that for me, I write on a lot of forums of various topics....I don't have TV, so writing in one form or another is a big hobby of mine. I write books, attempts at mag articles, etc. My forums include one on primitive hunting techniques, Ducati motorcycles, a few on cooking, a many political forums across the spectrum.

This is one of the most civil that I know of. There are occasional times when people get arrogant, however one could argue that ANY articulation of your thoughts into words has a given arrogance. You are expressing that your thoughts deserve to be heard....not to mention this being a public forum with millions of visitors per month. I don't mind that one much.

I have had my problems with Derp, but overall I think I would like him a lot in person. A fisherman can always spot another fisherman from afar, as they say. Some people are intense, or full of themselves. Not near enough to make me dislike them

I have been called names here maybe 1-2 times, and it always gets some contrition after. I have been called innumerable names when explaining that "No,I think Barrett clutches are garbage.", or that I don't see the point in wasting time hunting rabbits when I can raise my own, or GOD help you on the political forums....

This is NiceVille. Go post on an ultra-right wing political site, and collect the number of dictators you are supposedly ideologically aligned with. I am still waiting to get called Pol Pot. He doesn't get enough cred, I guess. It's a cool name at least. Always the usual WWII era stand-bys. It's sad and unimaginative. It would make my day to get called George III or Genghis Khan. Keep it historical

Plus a lot of people on here are really nice, out of their way nice. That is rare when people are anonymous.
      "The soul that does not attempt flight; does not notice its chains."

Comment

• Zach changed my life forever
        Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
          Zach changed my life forever
          I feel that away about both of you

Comment

Zach is the new messiah and Peat is God!!! Oh wait, the gods are all gone in our time...
            "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

So people who lie and make up false PMs in order to pretend they are superior changed your life??? and I thought you were better than that. More fool me.
              Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
              PS
              Don't forget to play!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
                So people who lie and make up false PMs in order to pretend they are superior changed your life??? and I thought you were better than that. More fool me.
                Not to worry...

"Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Oh. Wow.
                  Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• Well, Primals, it's game over. Mark's mealymouthed piece from yesterday -- can't we all just get along -- has given the Peaters license to take over for good. If the few remaining faithful Primals want to converse, I guess we'll just have to scrape up the cash for one of those expensive resort retreats.
                    5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxide View Post
                      Well, Primals, it's game over. Mark's mealymouthed piece from yesterday -- can't we all just get along -- has given the Peaters license to take over for good. If the few remaining faithful Primals want to converse, I guess we'll just have to scrape up the cash for one of those expensive resort retreats.
                      You sure give up easy!

Comment

Well, Primals, it's game over. Mark's mealymouthed piece from yesterday -- can't we all just get along -- has given the Peaters license to take over for good. If the few remaining faithful Primals want to converse, I guess we'll just have to scrape up the cash for one of those expensive resort retreats.
                        You're kinda funny how serious you take an internet forum and someone else's dietary stance. Is that reason enough to dislike someone? I bet you have no friends, as I doubt many of yours are exactly like you. If you want someone like that, I suggest you take up solitary and talking to yourself.
                        Make America Great Again

Comment

Just because mark preached acceptance towards peaters

...Doesn't mean mark has forsaken his "faithful primals"...

There is room for everyone.

Seriously, your language is a bit disturbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                          ------
                          HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid
                            please, put up a vote of who should go, you or joanie, and guess who i'm voting for
                            joanie is everyone's favourite poster isn't she?

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
                            What is this guru nonsense? I have no leaders.
                            Yeah, I agree. It's a temptation when you disagree with someone to try and find some way of belittling them.

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
                            I really can't believe how many wrong conclusions have been reached about Peat and his followers. It's almost as though those who have reached these inaccurate conclusions don't even read his work or peruse the posts made by the "Peat crowd."
                            Well, I had a lot of those wrong conclusions as well. Because it sounded like sugar-sugar-sugar! In reality there's a huge overlap between peat and primal. It's just that when people talk about 'sugar' I think of the white crystals. Whereas something like yogabares sig is a much more wholefoods approach that I think is great.

If you're eating whole foods peat then in my head you're basically eating the same diet as PHD, except with slightly more fruit and slightly less potatoes. That's hardly oceans apart.

Originally posted by oxide View Post
                            Well, I can see how it undercut the position you were in, where you were attempting to defend 'primal' from the godless heathens.

Really, I think everyone should try and focus first on the massive overlap, and *then* start nitpicking about the (small) differences.

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                            Do you think they've ever shut a thread down for hippieness?

I figure if I keep posting this stuff it will eventually sink in. Yeah, I'm naive
                            Everybody is someone else's freak.

nuhJ9e4.jpg

Maybe we just all need to get back to hating vegans...
                            Last edited by magicmerl; 10-09-2013, 08:39 PM.
                            Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                            5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                            Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                            TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                            bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• This forum in 2014...

Newbie: Hey guys, I'm having trouble (losing weight, with energy levels, eliminating cravings, etc.)

Peater: You need to eat at least 1 lb of jelly beans everyday.

Newbie: But that doesn't really relate to my question. Is that even primal?

Peater: Eat...The...Jelly...Beans.
                              In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

LOL - What a terrible "sad" sortie, maybe you orthodox "primalists" can join forces with the Rippletoad... eh Rippetoe barbell dogmatists now, since you guys pretty much seem to be of the same breed...

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/is-ba...od/#more-43024
                                Last edited by Gorbag; 10-09-2013, 08:40 PM.
                                "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Working...
                                X