Maybe I'm not as primal as I thought I was

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    There is a scientifcally predictable and observable physiological reaction to being laughed at
    yeah, by men, who make a living of laughing at each other

and women, who laugh at each other

but your saying that women laughed at male children to emasculate them is you projecting

tell me, what is your cigar in this instance?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
      May I present to you all, the appetizer in tonight's snout to tail meal:

someone should biore that nose real quick
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

Just to let everyone know the jowls were separated from the head when the pig was butchered.

Dilberryhoundog thanks for sharing your experience. We only raise/slaughter our own meat occasionally (mostly chickens); we treat them as you described, respectfully but we aren't emotionally attached to them.

JoanieL um thanks for the visual aid.

Kochin & Perfidy my brain is too tired to comprehend your discussion, but do carry on.
        Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

I cried the first time I (aged around 10) helped Dad kill a goose, even though I'd been plucking and gutting them for years. (The gutting fell to me as the person with the smallest hands.) But it got easier, even though we hand-reared them from the egg.

And the answer to the OP's problem is to roast the pig's head.

Comment

Orielwen I still have 2 more half heads in the freezer so I may have to try that next time.
            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Maybe sunglasses would help?

(You really can find anything on the www.)
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Thanks Joanie, that really helps.

Bone (skull) broth is now in the fridge, haven't tasted it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                  yeah, by men, who make a living of laughing at each other

and women, who laugh at each other

but your saying that women laughed at male children to emasculate them is you projecting

tell me, what is your cigar in this instance?
                  I don't believe I distinguished the gender of the children, and said women because I was discussing a theoretical primal tribal dynamic, in which the women would be with the children all day, while men may have been absent for weeks at a time.

you get the point though- cruel people hammer away compassion until the impulse toward it is smothered by fear of exclusion, punititive violence, mockery and status demotion
                  "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

Also scarcity hardens people. I suppose thinking that informs the dynamic that I am asserting.
                    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                      Thanks Joanie, that really helps.

Bone (skull) broth is now in the fridge, haven't tasted it yet.
                      I bet it's going to taste so awesome that next time you see a pig head in a pot you'll thank it, then get to cooking without much more of freak out.

Glad the sunglasses helped. LOL
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I wish we could have a split comments screen, so the two directions this thread is going could run side by side instead of being inter-leaved.

Comment

Grok is shaking his head in disbelief at this thread.
                          "It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist."

Comment

grok is probably shrieking in terror at everything around him

he doesn't know much outside trees, sky and nature
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

lol

Comment

Had the broth this morning and it was just like any other bone broth, so not nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                                Maybe sunglasses would help?

(You really can find anything on the www.)
                                That was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. Maybe some lipstick and concealer could've helped too

Comment

Working...
                                X