Probiotics!!!! Fix your gut!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probiotics!!!! Fix your gut!

Do you suffer from IBS? For the past nearly 7 years I have had a terrible case of daily diarrhea with excruciating pain! Numerous trips to the doctor and all kinds of invasive exams and tests came up with nothing. I tried all kinds of different diets - nothing worked. Finally I decided to start taking a high quality high count Probiotic, and I drink 16oz of kombucha every single day. (sometimes 2 if I feel like it).

I am now 20 days pain and diarrhea FREE!!!! I have a healthy, normal, daily BM.

Probiotics............ fix your gut flora!!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Probiotics causes my eczema to flare up... no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotmail View Post
      Probiotics causes my eczema to flare up... no thanks.
      Some gut disorders can cause decreased gut flora count, some can cause increased. In Tomi's case, it seems to be the former.
      Depression Lies

Comment

You should read this. Probiotics are half the equation, prebiotics the other half. Your kombucha is a actually a great prebiotic. Well done!

Comment

I can vouch for both kombucha and probiotics. I also have IBS. I'm not convinced that my gut can be fixed, but these interventions have been helpful.
          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Probiotics and PB fixed by gut. Then after 9 months of PB, a Mexican Restaurant destroyed it again. Now I'm doing the same cure. It seems to be working.
            "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

If eating one meal can undo months of "fixing" then it was never fixed.
              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                If eating one meal can undo months of "fixing" then it was never fixed.
                would have to agree with that. The point of pre- and pro- biotics is to balance the gut flora. One single meal shouldn't throw that balance out of whack.

Have you been tested for H. pylori? Something worth checking on.
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                  Some gut disorders can cause decreased gut flora count, some can cause increased. In Tomi's case, it seems to be the former.
                  Thanks for that I didn't know, do you have any links etc?

Comment

The question I always want to ask is: which bugs are best to supplement with? Is it better to get as wide a variety as possible, or are there some tried and true ones we should be sure to get?

Comment

My research showed the best plan of attack is to find a high count, wide variety blend.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

Thanks for that I didn't know, do you have any links etc?
                        Well, SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth) would be an example of too much gut flora. Anyone who has been on a lot of antibiotics is often a case of too little gut flora, but that can also lead to too *much* because "bad" bacteria will take over (candida overgrowth).

At least, that's the idea I've gotten over the years. Fraid I don't really have resources, it's just what I have collected from a variety of Paleo, SCD, and IBS sites.
                        Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                          Well, SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth) would be an example of too much gut flora. Anyone who has been on a lot of antibiotics is often a case of too little gut flora, but that can also lead to too *much* because "bad" bacteria will take over (candida overgrowth).

At least, that's the idea I've gotten over the years. Fraid I don't really have resources, it's just what I have collected from a variety of Paleo, SCD, and IBS sites.

Thanks for that, I know some eczema sufferers who do better with probiotics/or yoghurt, but some of us actually do worse and the eczema flares up more, in fact we noticed that our eczema is better when we have a course of antibiotics !!

Comment

Thanks for that, I know some eczema sufferers who do better with probiotics/or yoghurt, but some of us actually do worse and the eczema flares up more, in fact we noticed that our eczema is better when we have a course of antibiotics !!
                            I have read about that occurring a lot (antibiotics helping). I think in that case, it may be that certain bacteria have over taken. I wonder if a smaller amount of probiotics for an extended period of time would help balance the bacteria. Or maybe taking some anti-fungals like oil of oregano and caprylic acid for some time.
                            Depression Lies

Comment

You need to try different species of bacteria to see what variety or mix works for you. Some can generate histamine in the gut when breaking down foods, which you certainly don't want if you have eczema. I'm currently trying a mix that reduces histamine.

Have a look at my blog post about it:nutterintheshed: Histamine and inflammation - two of the driving forces behind eczema.....

As someone said you have to go for a proper supplement with several billion colony forming units rather than the yogurts which are nothing more than marketing really (they don't contain enough to make them worthwhile)

The other thing to fix your gut is bone broth.... I'm a big fan (easy to make but if you need it there's a recipe on my blog too....)

Comment

Working...
                              X