No announcement yet.

Who did your parents teach you to hate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In an attempt to get this thread back on track, I'll throw in my list.

My parents did not teach me to hate anyone per se but they did force me to go to church, a very fundamentalist Baptist church in Texas.

Now keep in mind that this was during the 60s so the message in current churches, while maybe the same, is not so blatant.

The preacher spoke out against the following:
    • Hippies (60s, right?)
    • Mixed marriages
    • Drug users
    • Hippies (he really didn't like hippies)
    • Other religions, various flavors of Christian churches or non-Christian
    • Democrats
    • Atheist
    • Gays (no surprise there)
    • Hippies (He really, really, really hated hippies)
    • Any male with long hair (over the ears, touching the collar, etc)

Now I did not grow up hating any of these groups but the message was there, loud and clear.

After I grew older (teenager), I refused to go to church and my parents eventually stopped going themselves.

That being said, my parents also welcomed people of other races and nationalities into our homes and employed them at our company. That doesn't sound like much now but during this time period, and being in a small city in Texas, it was a bit against the norm.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

• How quick some folks are to throw out insults if someone disagrees with the PC norm. derp is allowed to feel as he/she wants in choosing a breeding partner.
      I would also point out that a majority of those on this site are more likely to be in a relationship with someone of their own race, no matter how "progressive" you are.
      You may "think" you are forward thinking, but when living in a glass house, you may not want to throw rocks...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
        Derp is a guy...? Is he gay?

Didn't derp say, "I can only be attracted to super-nordic white men?"
        That was yoga I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
        ------
        HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• I don't see anything wrong with anyone's opinion on dating his/her own race. I personally do not date Asian guys as a general rule myself though and I am not racist against Asian people.

However when someone cites pseudo science to support a point I get a bit worried....

There is a great deal of genetic variety across human beings but we have the ability to produce a healthy child when mating with any human being of any race so by scientific definition we are the"same species." Technically someone should propagate as many versions of offsprings as possible (mate with all the races) so there is a higher chance of his/her genes being passed down.

Would I do that in practice? No. Too many cultural clashes for me to date certain people from certain backgrounds.

I am not mating and making babies so I don't care about genetic mixing or not mixing.

------
          HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
            That was yoga I think. ]
            NOOOOO! It was Derp, and then Perfidy thought it was me! THis is how rumours start...

Saying that, me and my bf are both tall, blond, and fair.
            "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilleh View Post
              Because of WW2.
              Originally posted by Gilleh View Post
              My mom's Jewish originated from Syria, she wouldn't do you as well, you being christian and all.
              Well, your kind is crafty, I'll give you that. Eugenics for Jews, but dysgenics for the goyim. I'm not christian btw.

I don't see anything wrong with anyone's opinion on dating his/her own race. I personally do not date Asian guys as a general rule myself though and I am not racist against Asian people.

However when someone cites pseudo science to support a point I get a bit worried....

There is a great deal of genetic variety across human beings but we have the ability to produce a healthy child when mating with any human being of any race so by scientific definition we are the"same species." Technically someone should propagate as many versions of offsprings as possible (mate with all the races) so there is a higher chance of his/her genes being passed down.

Would I do that in practice? No. Too many cultural clashes for me to date certain people from certain backgrounds.

I am not mating and making babies so I don't care about genetic mixing or not mixing.
              It's not pseudo-science. I already refuted this before on pg. 7 in this thread. If you have something to explain why I'm wrong, and how genetics is pseudo-science, then please, by all means, explain.
              Make America Great Again

Comment

• so it was Derp right...? He's a he?
                "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                  How quick some folks are to throw out insults if someone disagrees with the PC norm. derp is allowed to feel as he/she wants in choosing a breeding partner.
                  I would also point out that a majority of those on this site are more likely to be in a relationship with someone of their own race, no matter how "progressive" you are.
                  You may "think" you are forward thinking, but when living in a glass house, you may not want to throw rocks...
                  +1
                  Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
                    so it was Derp right...? He's a he?
                    Yes, but I'm not gay. I simply said that because I knew it would catch a lot of crap in that thread with the ladies. I was disappointed though.
                    Make America Great Again

Comment

• me too. Lucky for you I started this thread lol
                      "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                        Hippies deserve acceptance too!

Not what I'm saying dude, and you know it. Why over intellectualise the breeding process? Either you want to bang someone or you don't. Don't quote studies giving reasons for your choice.

I don't give a rats ass either way - I know we're all made of the same essence.
                        Even a 3-6% variance in DNA is huge. I don't know what you mean we're all of the same essence. All Homo species? Yeah, sure. All cut of the same mold? Definitely not.
                        Make America Great Again

Comment

• I think that you are neglecting the role of upbringing, and limiting your idea of its influence to observable factors in one individual lifetime. In fact, I am poor and surly because of a chain of socioeconomic events that began many generations before my own, where my ancestors wore chains and shit in diapers while rowing Ottoman war galleys

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                            Well, your kind is crafty, I'll give you that.
                            All part of the master plan to rule the world.
                            Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Comment

Yes, but I'm not gay. I simply said that because I knew it would catch a lot of crap in that thread with the ladies. I was disappointed though.
                              Lol - yeah: cos' no one cares who you find attractive!

Do you think everyone should mate with their own race, or is this a personal thing?

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                              Even a 3-6% variance in DNA is huge. I don't know what you mean we're all of the same essence. All Homo species? Yeah, sure. All cut of the same mold? Definitely not.
                              The entire universe is made of the same stuff, which takes different forms.
                              "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Well. Variance vs nucleotide diversity is different. Homo sapiens nucleotide diversity is under 1%. Variance is usually measured based on not the entire genome but as I understand it based on representative portions of our genes.

Like I said I have zero problems of you picking a white chick to breed with... Whatever your choice. You aren't necessarily citing pseudo science just that your extrapolations and conclusions are not supported by the studies. The books you've linked to are also full of empty conclusory statements with false assumptions and over extrapolations.

------

Comment

Working...
                                X