What's your favorite indulgence?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite indulgence?

My great weakness is chocolate. Chocolate lava cake... mmm. But I'm too lazy to make it, which is probably a good thing. I made gluten free brownies today though, the recipe from the Wheat Belly cookbook. And I layered in cream cheese and made a chocolate cream cheese icing. Damn. *urps* What's your weakness?
    Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

mdma it makes me feel too good
    Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
      My great weakness is chocolate. Chocolate lava cake... mmm. But I'm too lazy to make it, which is probably a good thing. I made gluten free brownies today though, the recipe from the Wheat Belly cookbook. And I layered in cream cheese and made a chocolate cream cheese icing. Damn. *urps* What's your weakness?
      Molten lava cake is easy to make in a single serving in a mug with a microwave. You can even make it flourless. Takes 2 mins.

My favorite indulgence changes based on what I am obsessed with ATM. Right now it is sorbet. It was whipped coconut cream earlier this year.

Chocolate is always a favorite. I always have dark chocolate on hand.

Ps. It used to be a perfect chocolate chip cookie, mostly because of the whole therapeutic baking process. I guess I can make it gf but at this point I stopped wanting grain-like things....
      Last edited by turquoisepassion; 09-22-2013, 11:27 PM.
      ------
      HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Yep, me too... it's chocolate in every form...
        besides that I tend to over-eat on banana chips and dried mango.
        My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

Raisins and a cold glass of milk. I'm not sure what it is about this combo, but I've loved it since high school (which was, yikes, over 20 years ago!)

Comment

Gluten free pizza
            Primal chocolate chip cookies
            Lobster with butter

Comment

Vanilla icecream with whiskey poured over...
              "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaGirl View Post
                Lobster with butter
                How is that an indulgence? You mean because of the price? It doesn't get much more primal than drenching the flesh of a delicious sea bug in creamy animal fat.
                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

fruit, nuts, nut butter
                  My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                  When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

90% dark chocolate
                    Good organic vanilla ice cream
                    Booze

Comment

Oatmeal chocolate chips cookies with walnuts. I've been making those since I was 11... I'm going to attempt it here soon with replacements for the Crisco and the wheat flour.

Comment

It varies, lately cheeseburgers.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                        Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                          How is that an indulgence? You mean because of the price? It doesn't get much more primal than drenching the flesh of a delicious sea bug in creamy animal fat.
                          Yes, I definitely meant the price.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaGirl View Post
                            Yes, I definitely meant the price.
                            Well, on that front, we are in total agreement. Delicious sea-bugs aren't cheap!
                            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                              It varies, lately cheeseburgers.
                              That's my standard fare...

Comment

Working...
                              X