X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Bad Science and Big Business Created the Obesity Epidemic
    How Bad Science and Big Business Created the Obesity Epidemic - YouTube

It's Good.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

Carbs themselves cannot be addictive. It is the stuff that gets added to them in processed snacks.

Try getting addicted to baked potatoes. OTOH, a bag of potato chips off the shelf? Effortless. I was dismayed to see milk powder as an ingredient in one brand of potato chips the other day.

Similarly try getting addicted to bananas, just simple pure refined sugar or steamed rice.
      Few but ripe.

Comment

Originally posted by 70in2012 View Post
        Carbs themselves cannot be addictive. It is the stuff that gets added to them in processed snacks.

Try getting addicted to baked potatoes. OTOH, a bag of potato chips off the shelf? Effortless. I was dismayed to see milk powder as an ingredient in one brand of potato chips the other day.

Similarly try getting addicted to bananas, just simple pure refined sugar or steamed rice.
        Food additives =/= processed food. Processed food means baking, grilling, steaming, sauteeing, fermenting, drying, chopping, grinding, mixing, etc. Even food additives aren't really the addicting part about the food. If you made homemade potato chips, they'd be just as addicting.

Carbs can definitely be addicting. I think "refined foods" is the term you're looking for. This goes for sugar, flour, and vegetable oils. These refined foods are one of just a few reasons for modern obesity. The others are gut disruption via genetic supercrops (modern wheat for instance) and a lack of physical work.

Comment

I saw a new Cheerios commercial last night that made me think of this thread. It was basically a little boy asking his mom if nana fed her Cheerios and the mom saying yes and the kid looks up with these toddler eyes and says 'so its almost like we're having breakfast with nana' and the mom looks like she's going to cry and days yes. Because obviously nana is dead or maybe that was just my interpretation. It ends with 'love' on the screen.

Sheesh. So heavy handed to me it was close to satire.

Comment

Originally posted by lea View Post
            I saw a new Cheerios commercial last night that made me think of this thread. It was basically a little boy asking his mom if nana fed her Cheerios and the mom saying yes and the kid looks up with these toddler eyes and says 'so its almost like we're having breakfast with nana' and the mom looks like she's going to cry and days yes. Because obviously nana is dead or maybe that was just my interpretation. It ends with 'love' on the screen.

Here is another Cheerios commercial along that same line. More CW BS. This commercial also caused some controversy because it shows a mixed race family, some people just need to get a freaking life! Having a mixed race family myself, I fail to see why people get pissed by these things.

Randal
            AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
            Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
            http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

Originally posted by lea View Post
              I saw a new Cheerios commercial last night that made me think of this thread. It was basically a little boy asking his mom if nana fed her Cheerios and the mom saying yes and the kid looks up with these toddler eyes and says 'so its almost like we're having breakfast with nana' and the mom looks like she's going to cry and days yes. Because obviously nana is dead from eating the Cheerios. It ends with 'love' on the screen.

Fixed that for you.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                Fixed that for you.
                Lol!!!

Comment

Working...
                X