Migraines: Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migraines: Help!

I have been primal for approximately 8 weeks and for the last six weeks I have been suffering from a constant migraine. It waxes and wanes, but it has been lingering for that long. What gives?? Could I be deficient of a certain nutrient/s? I thought it may be a hint of the carb flu at first, but the duration of this beast has me thinking otherwise. I have tried massage, chiropractic adjustments and therapies, excedrin and total elimination of dairy, nuts and nightshade veggies. Any advice/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

How is your hydration? Make sure you are getting enough electrolytes, esp. sodium & magnesium. There has been a lot of info linking magnesium deficiency to migraine occurrence.

And if a migraine went on that long, I would either increase carbs or see a doctor ASAP. How are you functioning?! I hope you find relief soon.
    Depression Lies

Comment

I second the suggestion to supplement magnesium. I pretty much always get a migraine if I allow myself to become dehydrated and forget to take my magnesium.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Thanks for the advice! I'm definitely not dehydrated, but I am intrigued about the magnesium. Will try... Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X