No announcement yet.

Sugar addiction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But yes, "Yum, boiled potatoes", said no one, ever.
    Erm, one of my most fav foods since childhood, accompanied by fresh green onions dipped in salt. We lived simple lives!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
      Erm, one of my most fav foods since childhood, accompanied by fresh green onions dipped in salt. We lived simple lives!
      I like them, too. But they don't trigger overeating like potatoes with cheddar cheese, bacon, sour cream and green onions will.
      Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Choco, remember UD2.0? I knocked back 6 lbs of boiled potatoes a day with salt and dill. And did not feel stuffed or anything. With a dilled pickle I can show you overeating potatoes with not an ounce of fat.... or baked in the coals with salt. And I can put away pounds of fruit or jam and cream will be spoiling it. (Shrug) Everyone have their own triggers for overeating.
        My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
        When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Why do you need a brownie substitute to indulge on low fat? A ripe melon or an apple will do... no low fat ice-cream required. Pure sugar, no fat.
          The last thing I'd ever eat, even in my low fat days, was a "brownie substitute" as it's an insult to one's tastebuds. But damn, people eat that shit. Ad then you have the "fruit isn't sweet enough" people. I used to be one.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
          Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
            But yes, "Yum, boiled potatoes", said no one, ever. But worse than boiled potatoes are when someone at Thanksgiving makes mashed potatoes with skim milk and fat free "spread".
            My parents made them with the potato water only during yee old low fat craze. They were ok but then my grandmother died and someone brought mashed potatoes for dinner with cream or sour cream or something in them and it was like, I forgot these could taste so good!

The worst, though, was when my grandmother switched to serving margarine with her biscuits. (Everyone promptly switched to eating them with jam-like my entire house spontaneously switched to mustard for years rather than eat fat free mayo)
            Last edited by lea; 09-17-2013, 04:10 PM.

Comment

I have taken a spoon to a box of sugar. I can eat a whole bowl of unsalted, air-popped popcorn and wish for more. I can eat potatoes with nothing on them and wish for more. Chocolate mousse will fill me up. Fake chocolate mousse (with fake fat) will not. The only truly satisfying foods for me have lots of protein, not too much sweetness (starch is okay) and some fat.
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                worse than boiled potatoes are when someone at Thanksgiving makes mashed potatoes with skim milk and fat free "spread".
                Originally posted by moluv View Post
                You've met my parents I see.
                Ha, my sister at thanksgiving makes instant mashed potatoes.
                Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
                  Choco, remember UD2.0? I knocked back 6 lbs of boiled potatoes a day with salt and dill. And did not feel stuffed or anything. With a dilled pickle I can show you overeating potatoes with not an ounce of fat.... or baked in the coals with salt. And I can put away pounds of fruit or jam and cream will be spoiling it. (Shrug) Everyone have their own triggers for overeating.
                  That's only around 1,800 kcal, though. To get the 1,100g of carbohydrate I would've needed on UD2 I would have had to consume over 15 lbs, alongside 2-3 pounds of meat. I don't know if I could do that.
                  Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                    Ha, my sister at thanksgiving makes instant mashed potatoes.
                    At thanksgiving? My parents make that stuff sometimes but not on holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by lea View Post
                      At thanksgiving? My parents make that stuff sometimes but not on holidays.
                      A few years ago I had to get real stern with my mother and be like "quit ruining Christmas with fat free dairy". It's getting better little by little.

Comment

Originally posted by moluv View Post
                        A few years ago I had to get real stern with my mother and be like "quit ruining Christmas with fat free dairy". It's getting better little by little.
                        I like that. I might just steal this line.

Comment

Working...
                        X