What wine do you like?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What wine do you like?

I've never really been into wine much, but I tried a few absolute crackers recently.

Anybody have a favourite wine to recommend?

Mead....

Comment

We are so lucky in the U.S. when it comes to wine. Not only do we have the bounty of California, and to some extent, Oregon and New York, but we have a boatload of imports from which to choose.

I like (in this order) nice full bodied on the dry side Merlot, Petite Sirah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir.

For dessert, I like ice wines, late harvest Gewurztraminer, and as Doc mentioned, Mead (Mead also goes really well with a joint - come to think of it, most of the dessert options do).

For New Year's, birthdays, or when a man is trying to impress me, bring on the bubbly (I like dryish, but that's a matter of taste).
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

My husband likes good pinot gris, and there's a white from Cloudy Bay (a winery here) that has a lovely grape-fruity flavor in the wine. It's really lovely.

And I mostly hate wine. Or all alcohol really.

Comment

Yep, I'm a mead fan as well... Honey wine are lovely...

Also I love the merlot and the bordeaux red wine...
          My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

I love Malbec. Dry, robust red wines. Similar to Cabernet Sauvignon.

Tempranillos from Spain or Argentina are also lovely, and lighter.

I am not much of a white wine fan, but a Pino Grigio in the summer can be nice.

Comment

I like the Muscadine Grape wines. Couple of good ones from Florida.
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              My Beginning: 7/23/13, 5'5" 221lbs * Current Weight: 10/31/13, 202lbs * Goal 165lbs

Comment

I like the good stuff, the stuff with a spigot, a handle and a cardboard box around it.
                Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Same! Boxes of wine are never anything but delicious... lol

I like whatever cabarnet is cheap. The more I pay for it the more bitter and gross it seems to taste.
                  "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    We are so lucky in the U.S. when it comes to wine. Not only do we have the bounty of California, and to some extent, Oregon and New York, but we have a boatload of imports from which to choose.

I like (in this order) nice full bodied on the dry side Merlot, Petite Sirah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir.

For dessert, I like ice wines, late harvest Gewurztraminer, and as Doc mentioned, Mead (Mead also goes really well with a joint - come to think of it, most of the dessert options do).

For New Year's, birthdays, or when a man is trying to impress me, bring on the bubbly (I like dryish, but that's a matter of taste).
                    Ooh, I love ice wines and Gewurtztraminers! They are the only whites I typically like. Usually I'm a fan of reds, the kind I like depends on what I'm eating. I do like Malbecs and Red Zins.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                      I like the good stuff, the stuff with a spigot, a handle and a cardboard box around it.
                      That's my style! There's a boxed wine called Vitner's Red at Target which I like because it's not too dry or too sweet. Plus, come on, the price is awesome.

I'm not at all experienced with expensive wine... I have a wine fridge full of bottles that were $12 or less and that's just fine with me.

Comment

I'm not too picky when it comes to wine. I remember my roommates and I playing "wine pong" with one of those jugs of Sangria to change things up. It was a very fun night . I've tried a few brands from the store, and they've all been hit and miss.

Most of the wine that I drink comes from a good friend of mine, though. He and his family make it, and he'll give me a few bottles here and there for helping him with his math homework. The best wine that I've ever had was some pear wine from him. I could drink that like water.
                        In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

I have been making my own wine for a couple of years now, and I can't drink most cheaper store bought wines now. My favourite white is Muller Thurgau I made 30 bottles about a year ago, and they are all gone so I have another batch on the go. Everyone who has tried it has loved it!! I just finished a batch of Italian Amarone about three months ago which has an extra fermentation step resulting in a high alcohol, and it is great!!! I have also been on a bit of a Cabernet Franc kick lately, they seem to go with a lot of different foods, or great on its own!!!

For bubbly Barefoot vineyards makes a killer Moscato spumante that is now my go to bubbly, it is fairly sweet, and easy to drink, almost too easy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarGrok View Post
                            I have been making my own wine for a couple of years now, and I can't drink most cheaper store bought wines now.
                            The guy down the street from me, from whom I get my eggs, also makes all kinds of wines. And they're all better than ANY $20 bottle I've had. I'm so spoiled now; I almost cringe when I have to get one from the store. I have an apple /grape wine ready to try that I'm pretty excited about.

Oh, and he gives me most of them for around 5 bucks a bottle.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Comment

Reds:
                              Syrah, Bordeaux, Malbec, Cab Franc

Whites:
                              Sauvignon Blanc

My journal

Comment

Working...
                              X