Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1, congrats on a good date and a purple dress, HS
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
      I'm not a dude, but I worked as a stylist so I got this question a lot.

Always wear an old favorite (not too trendy, something classic) rather than a new dress/outfit. You need to troubleshoot your outfit (ie. if it rides up constantly, if there is tons of static, if it wrinkles easily, etc. etc.) before a date.

I always wear a t-shirt dress that's kind of clingy, one piece of jewelry, and heels (unless we are walking a ton...in which case some cute oxfords). Simple, not FASHUN, but you made an effort.

Hair down.
      This is great advice. You want to look like yourself, but the best version of yourself. My first date outfits are:
      Always a dress on a first date, even in winter (tights!) unless you are going hiking or something. But make it a simple dress, form fitting or follows the lines of the body, but not skimpy.
      A bit of make up. Most of the time when a guy says he doesn’t like when a woman wears make up what he means is he doesn’t like it when he can TELL that she is wearing make up.
      Mid height heels. I’m shortish and I wearing heels makes me feel sexy and confidant. But I want to be comfortable as well. Plus really high heels may set off a "high maintenance" alarm. (I’ve worn flats on dates as well, particularly flat riding boots in winter weather)
      Hair definitely down. Pretty much no exceptions.
      No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
      -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

Diene, lets have a girl-date because that Civil War argument is one that I would LOVE to hash out over several glasses of wine. Fascinating.

I had actually seen the Ken burns doc before, but last year I found myself thinking a lot about the Civil War and wondering a) how Lincoln pulled off selling that war (unfortunately, I don't think "saving an indentured race" would really have been enough in that much less enlightened age), and b) how Lincoln managed to get around the Constitutional issues of such a war. So I rewatched the documentary and read Team of Rivals, and I still don't have very good answers to those questions, but I sure learned a hell of a lot more than I knew before.

Y'ALL. Guy wants to go on a second date, tonight. This time I'm thinking I'll go a little more casual... maybe leggings, boots, and a flowy top? I'm not accustomed to even wanting a second date, let alone going on one, so I have even less of an idea what to wear.

Comment

Originally posted by heatseeker View Post
          maybe leggings, boots, and a flowy top?
          If you wore this on a second date with me, I'd be getting handsy before the night is over. Do you want him to get handsy?
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Good luck on the second date!!! Eek!!
            ------
            HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Answer the door naked, let him in, make dinner eventually, learn each other's ambitions and dreams. Problem solved.

Comment

Diene, lets have a girl-date because that Civil War argument is one that I would LOVE to hash out over several glasses of wine. Fascinating.

I had actually seen the Ken burns doc before, but last year I found myself thinking a lot about the Civil War and wondering a) how Lincoln pulled off selling that war (unfortunately, I don't think "saving an indentured race" would really have been enough in that much less enlightened age), and b) how Lincoln managed to get around the Constitutional issues of such a war. So I rewatched the documentary and read Team of Rivals, and I still don't have very good answers to those questions, but I sure learned a hell of a lot more than I knew before.

Y'ALL. Guy wants to go on a second date, tonight. This time I'm thinking I'll go a little more casual... maybe leggings, boots, and a flowy top? I'm not accustomed to even wanting a second date, let alone going on one, so I have even less of an idea what to wear.

That would be fun!

I really think it was the Union thing--preserving it, you know. Also, he only had to sell it to Congress (whatever was left of it) so even though, back then, most people identified with their states more than they did with the United States and probably wouldn't care much if some states seceded, I think it would have been much easier to sell it to members of Congress.

Regarding the constitutional issues--I don't know, but presidents always manage to get around the constitutional issues. You could probably find out how he justified it by reading some history books. It would just make me angry though.

I think leggings, boots, and a flowy top sounds nice! But, like RM said, he might get handsy. Actually, that depends on the guy.

My journal

Comment

Handsy = the whole point, guys. I'm a red-blooded American female, after all.

Comment

Wear a turtleneck and poodle skirt. Only the elite will enter.

Comment

Then I think you've chosen your second date outfit quite appropriately. Good luck to you both.
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                      X