Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ouch.....it hurts when you fall off the wagon.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch.....it hurts when you fall off the wagon.

Had a terrible weekend of eating, I ate about 12 slices of white bread, WHITE BREAD! Vodka was also on the menu plus the sugary mixer that went with it. I can feel the weight on me already! Not to mention the yuck feeling in my stomach. It's been 3 months and I have had no cravings for any of that until this weekend. Time to reset.

Anyone else have a speed wobble this weekend?
    Go sell crazy somewhere else.........we're all stocked up here.

Well, at the moment, I'm trying to prevent a massive failure from happening. I've eaten primal all day but we are staying at a friend's cabin and there will be drinking. I bought some white wine for myself and dinner is going to be burgers - but not grassfed beef. I suppose it's okay.

Comment

Originally posted by jodi29 View Post
      Well, at the moment, I'm trying to prevent a massive failure from happening. I've eaten primal all day but we are staying at a friend's cabin and there will be drinking. I bought some white wine for myself and dinner is going to be burgers - but not grassfed beef. I suppose it's okay.
      Tricky situation I see, can be difficult, precede with caution. Take plenty of primal type snacks, that might help.

Have a lovely time, sounds fun.

Comment

Don't worry about it, just go back to your great primal lifestyle and you'll be right.
        Annie Ups the Ante
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

I went absolutely crazy this weekend aswell. I ate a bag of chips with a bowl of dip, about 500 gram of milk chocolate (yup, that happened), spareribs with sugar-laden bbq sauce. I've been sick, and I just gave up for a few days. Probably why I'm still sick on day nr 4 lol. I also had loads of cola and mountain dew.

Comment

Maybe it's time to redesign your wagon, so the urge to fall off goes away.

Comment

Originally posted by Graycat View Post
              Maybe it's time to redesign your wagon, so the urge to fall off goes away.
              This is what I suspect happened.....I got lazy! No family to cook for all week, working and lack of stores in the pantry. I didn't have a balanced eating week so when it came to the weekend I was ready to binge on the rubbish.
              Jumped on the wagon and turned it around yesterday, exercise and good food were on the menu.

Comment

Had an off wagon day for the first time this year. We went to the coast with friends, lunch was battered cod, but didn't have any chips, followed by ice cream (two scoops), followed by a Dorset cream tea!

Oh well back on wagon tomorrow!

Comment

Saw this this morning and thought it was great.

"Hey, you remember that dessert you "shouldn't have eaten last night" or or that piece of bread "you KNOW will go straight to your thighs" or that second drink you had, but "you will regret tomorrow"?

Yeah, you remember....NOW forget about it, move on, nothing to see (or dwell on) here.

Don't replay a "not so ideal" eating choice over and over again in your mind.
                  Don't try to use regret or guilt as motivation.
                  Don't dwell. Your past is done! The time is NOW! The only food choice that matters, is your next one, the only one you have complete control of.

Remember your long-term health and weight loss goals, think about your way of eating values, and don't bother about damage control.

YOUR purpose and reasons for creating a sustainable way of eating should always be remembered, even in times of "falling off the wagon."

You will NOT self-sabotage your goals and/or values with one poor choice.

You will GROW and become STRONGER from using every choice as an opportunity to become healthier." -- The Cafe Wellness

Comment

Excellent.

Comment

Don't mean to hijack your thread soulrunner but after the weekend I just had I really need to see this. I feel a bit better knowing there are others out there struggling too. Jodi thanks for your post. I'm taking every word of it to heart. Particularly the bit about self sabotage. Why do I do that? Every time things are going well, there I am mucking it up for myself, when I know better.
                      Hope everyone gets over their hurdles okay and is back on track soon.

Comment

I had nearly 6 months "off the wagon" after 3 years. I knew exactly what I was doing, justified my behavior from one day to the next, berated myself, felt guilt and then sought out more comfort food (aka-crap). I was the queen of self sabotage. But, I made my mess and I had to clean up my mess again, as well. I totally appreciate jodi29's post, because the best way for me to "re-set" was to stop with the guilt and realize it's never to late to start again. Don't be too hard on yourself...it was just 1 weekend in the rest of your life. Today's always a new day

Comment

Whole30 starts tomorrow, I need a serious reset!!!
                          Barb - Portland, Oregon

"Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
                          ~ Dr G & Barb ~

Comment

Originally posted by fillyone View Post
                            Whole30 starts tomorrow, I need a serious reset!!!
                            I'm on day 28 of my Whole 30. Needed the reset, also. The problem with going off healthy eating is that we know it can easily become addictive, and a downward spiral. It's hard for me, personally to ease back into healthy without some structure. I'm easily the person who can let one slice of good crusty bread, turn into an entire loaf. If I don't have the first slice, I really don't miss it, and don't generally crave it, but once it's passed my lips, watch out!

Doing a Whole 30, or even a Whole 7 can be very helpful.

As everyone says, just move forward!

Comment

Originally posted by randomcapitals View Post
                              Don't mean to hijack your thread soulrunner but after the weekend I just had I really need to see this. I feel a bit better knowing there are others out there struggling too. Jodi thanks for your post. I'm taking every word of it to heart. Particularly the bit about self sabotage. Why do I do that? Every time things are going well, there I am mucking it up for myself, when I know better.
                              Hope everyone gets over their hurdles okay and is back on track soon.
                              Hey, no worries, hijack away. It's good to just tell people who understand. I'm pleased that it has helped you.
                              I'm back on the wagon and feel better already. I think my body has forgiven me now.

Comment

Working...
                              X