No announcement yet.

The truth about what it's like to live on the beach in So Cal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, the heat finally broke and the fog rolled in. Now it'll be months of boredom, no weather at all, until around Christmas where we'll all be shivering under blankets and down jackets in the office because there's no heat. Then spring will hit in January and all will be well again for a few months until once again, the endless fog brings an end to all weather until the next heat wave, which could be years from now.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Thank God for the fog! I actually used my floor heater in my office this morning....SBHikes, we survived the heat wave, lol!

Comment

Most of the rest of my work team are situated in Santa Barbara. We have fun comparing weather. Our temps are cooling down to the SB average around this time of year and while I am switching to pants, they are still wearing Hawaiian shirts and cargo shorts.
        Depression Lies

Comment

I am also in central Florida. The central A/C gets turned on around April 15 and off around October 15. In a most years, we won't turn on the heat at all in the winter. October to April is dry and mild, with hardly any rain. This is why I moved here from Chicago almost 20 years ago. I saw photos in the Hiking thread and I was unexpectedly repulsed by the sight of snow and the thought of hiking in the cold.
          As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again.

Comment

I've lived most of my (long) life near the coast in So Cal, and am indeed spoiled. One of the best parts is being able to ride a bike year round. Produce and wine selection is better than 95% of the rest of the country. Downside? No easily available Virginia ham

Seriously, Virginia ham is easily obtainable anywhere in the Old Dominion, and you can't find it here. In California "ham" is either deli slices of unnatural uniformity or a brined pork leg with some artificial smoke flavor.

Comment

Working...
            X